VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I have a few different MP4 files that were given to me by a friend to create a bluray, sure, easy enough I thought.....Oh I was wrong. I didn't originally realize that the files were PAL HD 1920x1080 23fps. I am using Premiere Pro 5 and Adobe Enocre, but I'm running into major syncing issues with audio and video. My workflow is creating a new Adobe Premiere project, but when doing this I notice that I only have options for frame rates for PAL of 25 or 23.976, not 23 like the file says it is. I've tried test clips with both frame rate sequences, but when I test the file in Encore they audio and video never match up. I have a good amount of knowledge with SD NTSC, but not that much knowledge with PAL HD. My goal is to put these video files onto BluRay discs that are region free. Thanks in advance.
    Image Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	PAL HD.jpg
Views:	279
Size:	151.0 KB
ID:	36522  

Quote Quote  
  2. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Mediainfo says 23.976fps?
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    My fault, media info does say 23.976
    Quote Quote  
  4. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    And did it work better if you choosed 23.976 in premiere? or still sync issues?
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I changed the sequence settings to match the frame rate of the clip and I'm still getting the same issue. I've attached screen shots of the two different output settings that I've used for Adobe Media Encoder. I'm then using the M2V files to import into Encore and burn. The one issue in Encore that I notice, when choosing PAL or NTSC, the PAL option only gives me a frame rate of 25, not 23.976? I exported small clips choosing various options but haven't even made a little bit of progress unfortunately.
    Image Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	MatchClipHighestQuaity.jpg
Views:	183
Size:	158.5 KB
ID:	36532  

Click image for larger version

Name:	TVStandardPAL.jpg
Views:	341
Size:	164.0 KB
ID:	36533  

Quote Quote  
  6. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Then choose NTSC 23.976 ?
    Quote Quote  
  7. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I can try NTSC, but if the frame rate is the exact same I don't see what the difference will be, but will try.
    Quote Quote  
  8. If info is off in NLE, then it has to be changed manually, in Premiere it might be called "interpret footage" or something, so I'd change it to 23.976, not in export setting. Project settings should be 23.976fps.

Then check if problem persists. Make 23.976 fps Blu-ray, not PAL, not NTSC, if Premiere insists to have those words in there, choose your region, NTSC.

If Premiere for some reason would not get it in sync, extreme measure would be to fix audio length outside of Premiere ,not sure if Premiere can change audio lenght keeping audio pitch. Exporting correct video 23.976 you'd get video length, so then you' need to get exact length for audio, whatever software , audacity etc.
    Quote Quote