VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Using Potplayer for many years with minimal problems. Now all the sudden some videos are coming up with a complete green screen. The two files I noticed are AVI and FLV (BTW..other AVI and FLV files are playing fine). These have played fine before. Before I start hitting buttons and really fouling things up even more does anyone have suggestions?
    I have not changed anything (that I know of) in Potplayer, or my computer.
    Thanks in advance.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Mediainfo of files?
    Quote Quote  
  3. Mediainfo of files?
    Sorry, I am new to this. I have downloaded and installed the latest version, and looked at the info for one of the vids. So what's next?
    Quote Quote  
  4. BTW, I am running Windows 7 64 bit (laptop), and I have installed potplayer 64 bit.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    whats next
    you post the text from mediainfo here, so people can see the specs of the file. that is doing this

btw have you tried these files in vlc or mpc, to see if they play there

either the files have been currupted or potplayer has changed
    Quote Quote  
  6. I did try the AVI file in Windows Media Player and it played, no problem.
    [Attachment 36180 - Click to enlarge]

If you need more info I will get it from any of the menu items on the lower right.

Thanks again.
    Quote Quote  
  7. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Have you tried change Video->Video renderer in PotPlayer and see if it make any difference?

Or else try install ffdshow or lav filters and see if it helps. They are easy to uninstall also(compared to HUGE codec packs)
    Quote Quote  
  8. Have you tried change Video->Video renderer in PotPlayer and see if it make any difference?
    Thanks so much! This has solved it. In 'Video Renderer' I switched to 'Video Renderer' from 'Auto Select (Recommended)'. Hopefully this doesn't affect other vids.
    Quote Quote