VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Hey all,

I am running Windows 10 and with BD Rebuilder, I am getting some kind of strange pixelation in anything I encode whether it is to BD-25, BD-50, BD-9, etc. I checked and made sure the source is good. I am ripping with MakeMKV and encoding with BDRB. All of the dependencies say "Ok" when I use the built-in checker. FWIW, this is happening in other programs I've tried as well such as DVDFab.

Is there any way you guys can help me? At first I thought it might be a driver issue because it went away for awhile, then reared its ugly head again.

It's not happening in the source files, only the output files (before they are burned to the disc).
    Last edited by hogger129; 20th Feb 2016 at 18:58.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search PM
    Do you have any codec packs installed like CCCP or K-lite?

Are you using Direct Show Source for Decoding/frameserving within BD Rebuilder or the X264 internal LAV filters?

Do you have the correct LAV filters installed from the BD Rebuilder bug report thread? And if you have Haali and FFDshow installed as well, did you install Haali and FFDshow first?

You might want to upload a small clip to show what is happening. The guys around here might be able to diagnose your issue quicker. You can cut out a section if you know the timing using tsMuxeR.

Are you having any other problems? Overheating? Slow-downs? SMART errors on the hard drive?

Is there anything unusual about the source files, such as interlaced VC-1?
    Quote Quote  
  3. Originally Posted by Kerry56 View Post

Are you having any other problems? Overheating? Slow-downs? SMART errors on the hard drive?
    That was my thought as well - hardware issues. My guess is maybe a bad stick of RAM and maybe hogger129 should test out his RAM by running MemTest86 or similar.
    Quote Quote  
  4. My PC does not seem to be showing any other issues. Strangely, I tried uninstalling BDRB and its dependencies and tried encoding a short clip with DVDFab and the issue is gone. It is strange because in the past, BDRB has worked perfectly fine. It did this once in the past, then quit. Now it's back to it again. I think Windows is playing around with some driver that's messing it up. I haven't changed anything in BDRB or its dependencies since last time other than uninstalling and reinstalling.

Maybe something isn't configured right. I'm going to play around with it and read the recommendations by the developer. Maybe there's something I missed there.

I will report back in a few days.
    Last edited by hogger129; 27th Feb 2016 at 11:28.
    Quote Quote  
  5. UPDATE:

I still cannot seem to track down what is causing it. I reinstalled and successfully did another job with it, no problems this time. It had to have been some kind of a configuration error.

EDIT: I should also mention I remember DVDFab experiencing this behavior one time as well, which is why I wonder if Windows is playing with some driver that is doing it. After all, Windows 10 doesn't tell you if or when it does updates.
    Last edited by hogger129; 27th Feb 2016 at 11:29.
    Quote Quote  
  6. It's still working fine after about a month. I think it's safe to say this is resolved for now. I don't think the issue is the program. I think it's some driver or a configuration issue. The thread can be closed. Thanks everybody who tried to help.
    Quote Quote