VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. When I burn my project, video or slideshow, with my mac book pro I loose the image quality. How can I get my project to look the same as if I was watching it on the computer? I am looking for a software that can make the image quality look like I am watching a DVD I purchased from the store.
    Quote Quote  
  2. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Should we guess what software you are using? Toast?

And what is your video source?
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    So many variables

Video quality/compression of source.
    Bitrate of source/final dvd

And you will NEVER achieve the quality you see on a modern dvd. They are working from film source typically scanned at a high definition.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Thank you guys, I am using the program that came with my mac book pro, ie final cut, imove, and iPhoto. I am looking to use Toast 14 and wondering if that program is worth buying/using. I have a lache blue ray burner and I believe I have to use toast. Once again I am new to video and I have a cannon professional camera. Unfortunately I am at work and the camcorder is at home. I also have a cannon 5d mark II, which I mainly use for stills.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    I guess that admin will move this topic to the mac forum as you will get more help there with the software you are using.

Even so, the principles remain the same.
    Quote Quote  
  6. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Moving you to our mac section.

But what is your goal? Make a dvd-video? Blu-ray? or just make videos/slideshows for computers/media players?
    Quote Quote  
  7. My goal is, after taking photos or videos of an event, I would like to produce a high quality dvd that contains video or photos/slideshows
    Quote Quote  
  8. I am also checking to see if the toast software will produce a high quality product
    Quote Quote