VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. I have a lot of videos that I captured in .mpeg2 and then converted to .divx Well anyway I was experimenting with Vidcoder to figure out how to crop the 16:9 videos that are in a 4:3 framework. I set my quality setting at 16.5 and after the cropping and encoding the videos on a good quality TV look nearly as good as the originals. I will be back with some screenshots of the specs for this video preset. I also was able to figure out how to crop a SD show that is 16:9 but is surrounded by borders on all sides. Some channels are just SD and there are times that weather disrupts the HD channels so much you must work with the SD channels that are more reliable but granted are still not immune to swaying treetops or rain fade.

I have accepted that it is best to move on from .divx and that .h264 whether .mkv or .mp4 is the best and most prevalent format at the moment. It is rather nice to watch the .divx 16:9 stuff filling the entire screen now on the TV.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Divx Cropped Conversion

Click image for larger version

Name:	Vidcoder Preset Divx Cropped Conversion 01A.jpg
Views:	375
Size:	66.5 KB
ID:	35619

Name:	Vidcoder Preset Divx Cropped Conversion 01B.jpg
Views:	337
Size:	64.9 KB
ID:	35620

Name:	Vidcoder Preset Divx Cropped Conversion 01C.jpg
Views:	370
Size:	62.3 KB
ID:	35621

Keep your original files and just experiment and see if this preset is of any use to you. I found that the resulting file looked quite good when I watched the video. Though there may be a better way of doing this and I am open to suggestions and corrections.
    Quote Quote  
  3. MediaInfo Specs for original DIVX file:

Name:	MediaInfo Specs For Original DIVX File.jpg
Views:	240
Size:	129.4 KB
ID:	35623
    Last edited by Tom Saurus; 9th Feb 2016 at 13:41.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Media Info Specs for Cropped Mp4 File:

Name:	MediaInfo Specs for Cropped Mp4 File.jpg
Views:	196
Size:	210.3 KB
ID:	35625

Remember to keep your original files work with a copy of the video file and experiment and see of these specs are of any use. If anyone has any suggestions or improvements I welcome them because I want to learn how to improve things if possible and I am well aware I can make mistakes.
    Quote Quote