VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search PM
    Hi All,

Will my PC build be good enough for 4K Video editing and rendering.

http://uk.pcpartpicker.com/p/wf4kxr

If you guys think any changes are required then please advise with recommendations of why and with which parts.

Regards
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    yes this is a very good computer for video editing . I would only change the cpu cooler fan for a water cooling system.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search PM
    Someone from another forum suggested that i change the CPU from the 5820K to the i7-6700K as it is more faster in terms of raw ghz clock speed. What do you think about that?
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Well the i7-6700K run at 4ghz and more but it's only a quad core 8mb. (8 logical processors)
    the 5820K run at 3.6ghz but it's a six core 15 mb (12 logical processors)

i would still go with the 6core
    Last edited by imhh1; 3rd Jan 2016 at 13:20.
    Quote Quote  
  5. I'm a Super Moderator johns0's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Also i would change the psu to a 700w+ since you're getting a geforce 970.
    I think,therefore i am a hamster.
    Quote Quote  
  6. I would say NO! First things first, how are you sourcing 4k content? In other words is it stuff you download, stuff you shoot yourself or stuff other people shoot and give to you? What format is it in?

Furthermore what type of software do you use? 4k editing and encoding is extremely computationally intensive, the pro grade systems that are used for editing and encoding 4k are usually dual xeons with NVIDIA cards in a SLI configuration, lots of fast ram and RAID-0 arrays.

I think you should forget about working with 4k content for the time being for at least a few more generations of cpu unless you plan on spending BIG money on a system and that's only justified if you make a living working with video.
    Quote Quote  
  7. I'm a Super Moderator johns0's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by imhh1 View Post
    Well the i7-6700K run at 4ghz and more but it's only a quad core 8mb. (8 logical processors)
    the 5820K run at 3.6ghz but it's a six core 15 mb (12 logical processors)

i would still go with the 6core

http://www.anandtech.com/bench/product/1320?vs=1543
    I think,therefore i am a hamster.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    It depends on your source footage, s/w used and your knowledge. Having said that, I have no problems editing 4k footage on my i7 4790 ($500) desktop. Even 4k hevc is not a problem for me anyway....

https://forum.videohelp.com/threads/368684-Editing-4k-HEVC-footage-(Samsung-NX1)
    Got my retirement plans all set. Looks like I only have to work another 5 years after I die........
    Quote Quote  
  9. Member
    Search PM
    I am looking to use Adobe Premiere Pro CC.

I am looking to edit my own footage which will be shot on my personal 4K camcorder. The model is the Panasonic HC-VX870EK.

Most forums i have read seem to lean towards the I7-5820k for video editing as it has more cores.
    Quote Quote