VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. I have a source where the first minute recap on it has rainbows. I can get rid of them easily with a rainbow removing filter, but I do not wish to use that filter on the entire video, only the part with rainbows. I also want to denoise only that first part recap as well and not the rest of the video.

How can I go about properly using 2 filters for the first minute of the video, then not use those filters on the rest of video??

I tried using something like this, but for some reason when used like this, the derainbow filter does not seem to be working.

Code:
    source=DGDecode_mpeg2source(".d2v file location here").QTGMC(preset="slow").crop(8, 2, -6, 0).LanczosResize(640,480)

clip1=Trim(source, 0, 4866).lutderainbow().deen().santiag()

clip2=Trim(source, 4867, 0).santiag()

Return clip1 + clip2
    Thats about the only way I know how to do what I was originally asking, but I cant get the derainbower to work, even if I try a different one.

When I simply use lutderainbow or another derainbow filter on the entire thing and not like I tried in the script above, they fully go away with no problem.

My problem here is, I need to use the derainbower before the deinterlacer for it to work, and if I stick the derainbower in the trim part of the script, its after the deinterlacer. If I stick the derainbower before the deinterlacer, it wont be in the trim part and is doing it to the entire video like I didnt want to begin with. (removing rainbows works this way though)

Is there another way to do what I am asking when using avisynth??
    Last edited by killerteengohan; 3rd Jan 2016 at 04:03.
    Quote Quote  
  2. I use stickboy's ReplaceFramesSimple for this sort of thing. It's part of his RemapFrames. The syntax goes:

A=Last
    B=A.Whatever Filter
    ReplaceFramesSimple(A,B,Mappings=" [BeginFrame EndFrame]")

You can figure out the order for all the filtering you're doing.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Originally Posted by manono View Post
    I use stickboy's ReplaceFramesSimple for this sort of thing. It's part of his RemapFrames. The syntax goes:

A=Last
    B=A.Whatever Filter
    ReplaceFramesSimple(A,B,Mappings=" [BeginFrame EndFrame]")

You can figure out the order for all the filtering you're doing.
    Thanks, Ill play around with that some.
    Quote Quote