VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hi all,
    First of all, I hope this post is in the right section. If not, please move it to the proper section.

Some time ago, I found a JVC HRS-8000U vcr at my local Goodwill for $8.00. It's in pretty good condition on the outside.
    The problem I am having is sporadic. For example, yesterday I put a VHS tape in to play and it played the tape fine. The recording speed is SP. I captured the entire tape just fine. I tried another SP recorded tape and the EP light was lit and the tape was playing at a faster speed, as though it were being played in fast forward mode. I tried the first tape and got the same results - it played at the same fast forward speed.

I am NOT an electronics person at all, so I have no idea where to begin troubleshooting the problem. Any suggestions?

Brainiac
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    That's pretty weird because when a VCR plays in EP mode, the tape moves at about 1/3 the speed. Would make more sense if it was a EP tape being played at SP speed.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I just connected the vcr again because I captured a bunch of VHS tapes with another vcr and the tape was vertically shaking periodically, so I thought I'd give it another go. The tape is playing fine so right now I am capturing it while I can.

Brainiac
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Now I am getting sound dropouts. Guess I will have to recycle this beast.

Brainiac
    Quote Quote