VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. im not sure if its a burner issue driver issue or brand of discs need help
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search PM
    Not enough information. Are you burning double layer DVD's? If so, you'd better be using Verbatim brand AZO +R DL discs, as they are the only reliable ones that are widely available.

Are you burning as data, or are you burning DVD-video?

Which burning program are you using? I recommend ImgBurn, especially if you are burning DVD-video to DL discs, as it will set the layer break properly.

Do you have a burn log of the failed burns? You might also tell us the speed you are burning the discs, and the type of burner you are using...for example is it a full sized burner, or a slim, laptop style burner? Are you trying to burn via a USB cable?

The more information you provide, the better we will be able to address the problem.
    Quote Quote  
  3. I am burning video ts files to dvd+r dual layer, the program im using is aimersoft dvd copy it has dvd5 and dvd9 but no burn speed option. the burner im using is laptop burner . ido have another program winx dvd author but never tried for dvd9 (dl)
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search PM
    As I said, the more info the better. You haven't told us the make of your current discs. This is usually the biggest problem, as the vast majority of double layer blank DVD's are complete crap.

Buy Verbatim brand discs with AZO on the label of the cakebox. Like these at Amazon.

Your programs are not used around here by anyone, so you're not likely to get much help with them. It is possible that the output is not great, but I doubt it is the main issue. Output your DVD-9 to the hard drive. Then use ImgBurn to do the actual burn to the blank discs. Since you are using a laptop burner of unknown type, you'll want to set burn speed low...2.4x or 4x the very most.
    Quote Quote  
  5. thanks for the reply, im using Memorex 8x dl discs . according to my drives .com my drive specs are dvd-r dl : 6x max dvd+9 dl:6x max.
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search PM
    Originally Posted by standard def guy View Post
    thanks for the reply, im using Memorex 8x dl discs . according to my drives .com my drive specs are dvd-r dl : 6x max dvd+9 dl:6x max.

Some while back I bought a pack of 50 Memorex DVD-R DL's. They have all failed except about 15 of them, and 6 of them that did work have split layers after only a couple of plays and are now useless. Verbatim AZO DVD+R DL would be the first move I'd make. I've never had problems with them. I should also note note that almost all of the Memorex DVD-R RW rewritables I bought a couple years ago have failed.

I don't know why $30 Aimersoft is still around, I see many complaints about it. There are free ripping and authoring tools, and free ImgBurn to burn discs. There are likely other free tools around, or better ones. My TMPGenc authoring software does a good job burning DL discs, but it won't decrypt copyrighted DVD. Imgburn hasn't given any problems either.

Of course, there could be something amiss with your burner.
    - My sister Ann's brother
    Quote Quote  
  7. thanks again for the reply I will give verbatim azo a try, when I clicked ur imgburn link it showed bundleware I usually try to stay away from free programs how is nero??
    Quote Quote  
  8. Member
    Search PM
    Originally Posted by standard def guy View Post
    thanks again for the reply I will give verbatim azo a try, when I clicked ur imgburn link it showed bundleware I usually try to stay away from free programs how is nero??
    I would not recommend Nero for burning DL DVD's. It is simple to avoid the "additional" programs that come with the installer for ImgBurn, and the program is worth the minor bit of effort.

Some people don't like the interface for ImgBurn, so a second free choice would be CDBurner XP. There really isn't a reason to buy a burning program these days, with good free choices.
    Quote Quote  
  9. I clicked ur imgburn link it showed bundleware
    Use the Adfree link at ImgBurn

(Download ImgBurn 2.4.4.0 Adfree (direct link))
    Quote Quote