VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Anyone aware of DANIEL2 and if soon we will be able to use; it seems better then ProRes ?
    Quote Quote  
  2. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Latest news?
    Quote Quote  
  3. Is it not ?
    Quote Quote  
  4. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Add a link/source with some information.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Interesting, though I suspect if you put a $5,000, 12GB 384bit GPU in your current setup you might notice an increase in performance even without the new codec.
    Last edited by smrpix; 3rd Oct 2015 at 07:41.
    Quote Quote  
  6. It looks promising, although I can't find any word on any betas to be available to try ?
    Quote Quote  
  7. Actually, it almost looks too good to be true. I suspect it may be a crowd funding scam.
    Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence -Carl Sagan
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    Originally Posted by smrpix View Post
    Interesting, though I suspect if you put a $5,000, 12GB 384bit GPU in your current setup you might notice an increase in performance even without the new codec.
    Yeah, I notice that they give example figures based on the Quadro M6000, their top of the line. It can already do playout of 4 x 4K@60p (uncompressed). So their "GPU decode" boasts of providing 18x timing improvement on that, which means it could easily buffer the signal.

However, the card would be maxing out just providing the playout of the 4 x 4k60p streams, so any additional decoding would have to be done on a 2nd card (bringing the cost figure up to $7600-10000).

Plus, once again you get this BS with the 8k. This Top-of-the-line card is not capable of displaying 8k! IOW, none of them (for consumer/commercial use) are. Likely, the display is being fed 4k and is upscaling itself.

Scott
    Quote Quote  
Visit our sponsor! Try DVDFab and backup Blu-rays!