VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. So i've got this video where all scenes are perfectly stable, and I want to add an effect as if it was recorded with a handheld camera. A subtle hoovering effect. I have seen tutorials but they aren't subtle enough. Is there a pluging that does this in Vegas? I've also got AE but barely used it. I would like to stick to Vegas.
    Quote Quote  
  2. You can track an actual handheld shot in Vegas and then map that tracking onto your static shot, or you can use whatever tutorials you've seen and make the parameters less extreme.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Originally Posted by smrpix View Post
    You can track an actual handheld shot in Vegas and then map that tracking onto your static shot, or you can use whatever tutorials you've seen and make the parameters less extreme.
    The footage is a computer CGI so the scenes are all 100% static.
    The tutorials i've seen aren't good. They just show you how to put keyframes in your video so it moves. I need an element of real randomness that I can control with some knobs not some manually set keyframes.
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    Originally Posted by rocco123 View Post
    ...control with some knobs not some manually set keyframes.
    That amounts to basically the same thing.

You don't want TRUE randomness because that is like heavy shaking. Constrained randomness is like mounted cam with vibration. You want "psuedo"-random, and that can be done just as easily with keyframes as with "knobs".

The hard part is not the movement/displacement itself but rather the (expected accompanying) Motion Blur that would make it more natural.

Scott
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Try the Film Effect. And play around with the Jitter settings.
    But as mentioned by others, setting keyframes manually will give better results.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    For Vegas, use key-frames as already stated.

Aviutl is free and has a Camera Shake filter when you apply a Camera View. It's fully adjustable for both vertical and horizontal shake and frequency....
    Got my retirement plans all set. Looks like I only have to work another 5 years after I die........
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Here is a simple example of camera shake filter applied in Aviutl. The source was a still image that was animated with motion, snow, Sun and camera shake effects in Aviutl. The camera shake was set very low in this example...
    Image Attached Files
    Got my retirement plans all set. Looks like I only have to work another 5 years after I die........
    Quote Quote