VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search PM
    Hi, how to add watermark to any video easily and painlessly?

I don't want to take too much time to learn because it's only a practical and business reason. The watermark can be very simple, serving the practical purpose only. Nothing fancy is needed.

Please let me know. Thank you so much!
    Quote Quote  
  2. Depends from your source and target, usually overlay trough ffmpeg can be most convenient for you as lot of work can be automated.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    FFMpeg in conjunction with AVISynth works best for me. You can set the transparency to whatever you would like.
    First decide what you want and where:
    Click image for larger version

Name:	Wgat_where.jpg
Views:	701
Size:	63.9 KB
ID:	33733

Then create your avisynth corresponding to those settings:
    Code:
    v1 = Directshowsource(("C:\PathToVideo\birthday with audio.flv"),Pixel_type="RGB32").Lanczosresize(640,480)
    img1 = ImageSource("C:\PathToImage\TransparentBG.png",  pixel_type="RGB32", fps=30.000, end=200).fadeio(28).converttoRGB32.LanczosResize(100,75)

clip1 = v1.trim(0, -100) + Layer(v1.trim(100, -200), img1, "add", 255, 65, 80) + v1.trim(300, 0)
    Return clip1
    Then create with FFMpeg:

Name:	Path_To_Output.jpg
Views:	698
Size:	57.4 KB
ID:	33734

AVISynth makes it possible to add more than one logo and you can have it show easily in a set number of frames

Name:	ScreenHunter_165 Sep. 18 21.29.jpg
Views:	689
Size:	59.5 KB
ID:	33735
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search PM
    Originally Posted by Budman1 View Post
    FFMpeg in conjunction with AVISynth works best for me. You can set the transparency to whatever you would like.
    First decide what you want and where:
    [Attachment 33733 - Click to enlarge]

Then create your avisynth corresponding to those settings:
    Code:
    v1 = Directshowsource(("C:\PathToVideo\birthday with audio.flv"),Pixel_type="RGB32").Lanczosresize(640,480)
    img1 = ImageSource("C:\PathToImage\TransparentBG.png",  pixel_type="RGB32", fps=30.000, end=200).fadeio(28).converttoRGB32.LanczosResize(100,75)

clip1 = v1.trim(0, -100) + Layer(v1.trim(100, -200), img1, "add", 255, 65, 80) + v1.trim(300, 0)
    Return clip1
    Then create with FFMpeg:
    [Attachment 33734 - Click to enlarge]

AVISynth makes it possible to add more than one logo and you can have it show easily in a set number of frames
    [Attachment 33735 - Click to enlarge]

Looks like FFMpeg a kind of command line stuff ?? Would it be too difficult to handle??

Is it possible to make it simpler for me without entering any codes or command?

I am very new to all these things! Thanks!
    Last edited by kenny1999; 23rd Jun 2016 at 17:42. Reason: additional information
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    FFMpeg definitely has a learning curve to it but it does most everything. There are GUI front ends for it that may make it much easier. The above images are from one that I designed just for my own use because FFmpeg makes me go back and look things up that I have done before because my memory fails me at the time. LOL

Do you have a high need of watermarks on an ongoing basis or just need it for a project? If its a one time need, you can just copy a reference found here or on the internet and change the string to fit your need. If you have an ongoing need then a GUI front end would help.

Budman1
    Quote Quote  
  6. Originally Posted by kenny1999 View Post
    Looks like FFMpeg a kind of command line stuff ?? Would it be too difficult to handle??

Is it possible to make it simpler for me without entering any codes or command?

I am very new to all these things! Thanks!
    If there is only one logo then ffmpeg filter path will be simple and you may ask on this forum - someone for sure will be able to prepare script for you.
    All you need is to provide clear definition of your problem and detailed informations about source, overlay etc.
    I fully agree that ffmpeg is not intuitive and i fully agree that anyway it seems to be most useful tool to simple overlay as you can deal with whole process (decode -> overlay -> encode) at once.
    Quote Quote