VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Kind of a weird question here.

I have a Lightpack For info on what that issetup on my PC through Ambibox or Prismatik software. I can use the lightpack on ALL video sources in the PC, Youtube, Netflix, MP4 files, etc. But I am trying to get a beefy capture card from Avermedia or Hauppauge so that I can capture the video form a console or Bluray player and stream the video to the PC so that the Ambibox or Prismatik software can then send it to the Lightpack. Plenty of people have done this with consoles and they all have success. I want to do it with my Bluray player. Ok, confusing but.....

My only question is, if I plug my bluray/PS3 into a capture card with the video signal be sent to the PC or does the capture card/PS3 combo block the signal due to the HDCP or will the encryption block all of this?
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Yes. HDCP over the HDMI connection will block the signal.

There are HDMI splitters that can circumvent this and there is a long topic about these in here. A bit of a mine-field IMO since two splitters that look the same can behave differently. One might bypass the HDCP ( although none really should) whereas another might not.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Ok, thank you for reply. I'll have to figure out how much of this work will be worth it but at least there may be some possibility. If I find out anything concrete I will reply.
    Quote Quote  
  4. There are hacks that allow capture of HDCP protected content for some capture devices:
    https://forum.videohelp.com/threads/372840-%5BAVerMedia-News%5D-Avermedia-RECentral-HDC...Protect-Remove!!!
    Quote Quote