VideoHelp Forum

Try StreamFab Downloader and download from Netflix, Amazon, Youtube! Or Try DVDFab and copy Blu-rays! or rip iTunes movies!

Try StreamFab Downloader and download streaming video from Youtube, Netflix, Amazon! Download free trial.

+ Reply to Thread
Thread
    Search Comp PM
    Hi.
    I want to capture a live feed on my pc and stream it to my website.
    What capture card do I need to get for my pc?
    If easier i can can stream from my tv to pc as well - Do I just need a capture card for that & FME?
    And whatever else is needed?

Regards.

Click image for larger version

Name:	uuuu.JPG
Views:	260
Size:	41.5 KB
ID:	32929
    Last edited by beefy63; 1st Aug 2015 at 02:41.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by beefy63 View Post
    Hi.
    If easier i can can stream from my tv to pc as well - Do I just need a capture card for that & FME?

Regards.
    You want to capture the live feed from what? You don't say what the source is. Provide a link for FME. The abbreviation is unfamiliar to me.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by usually_quiet View Post
    Hi.

Regards.
    You want to capture the live feed from what? You don't say what the source is. Provide a link for FME. The abbreviation is unfamiliar to me.
    The source is on the monitor,not hard to figure out.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Your initial post was anything but clear about that. Assuming that you want to capture the screen with a capture device, the source is a connection on your video card. What connections does it have that you would want to use? Screen capture software is another option.

I still do not know what FME is.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Your initial post was anything but clear about that. Assuming that you want to capture the screen with a capture device, the source is a connection on your video card. What connections does it have that you would want to use? Screen capture software is another option.

I still do not know what FME is.
    FME is Flash Media Encoder.

I have not got a video card yet,that was my original question and why I posted my system specs.So that someone could point me in the right direction with the right card for my pc..

I have 2 ways of streaming,screen capture software to capture sky sport player on my pc.Or capture card to stream from my android box connected to my pc.
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Oh for the love of... You list a video card your PC details and say you use a monitor, but now claim to have no video card? The video output of an android box also qualifies as video source that might be captured.

I think starting from the point where you are now, you'll need a lot more help than the typical newbie here. Maybe somebody with a great deal more patience than I possess will be able to provide it.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Oh for the love of... You list a video card your PC details and say you use a monitor, but now claim to have no video card? The video output of an android box also qualifies as video source that might be captured.

I think starting from the point where you are now, you'll need a lot more help than the typical newbie here. Maybe somebody with a great deal more patience than I possess will be able to provide it.
    Your a mong mate,it is not a hard question - read it again with your glasses on.

I did not say I had a video card.I said 'What capture card do I need to get for my pc'?

& I even posted the specs.I gave enough info,obviously you have read it all wrong.
    Last edited by beefy63; 1st Aug 2015 at 15:46.
    Quote Quote  
  8. Member
    Search Comp PM

Your a mong mate,it is not a hard question - read it again with your glasses on.

I did not say I had a video card.I said 'What capture card do I need to get for my pc'?

& I even posted the specs.I gave enough info,obviously you have read it all wrong.
    LOL Pretty funny insult coming from you, a guy who is so clueless that he can't figure out that the video connection (VGA, HDMI, DVI, etc) he will use and devices (PC or Android box of some kind) that he wants to capture video from is essential information to have for a capture device recommendation.
    Last edited by usually_quiet; 1st Aug 2015 at 17:53. Reason: typo
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Try Open Broadcaster Software + Avermedia Live Gamer Portable will make your day.

Its capture 1080i or 1080p using hardware encode, flawless for u computer.

Claudio
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by Cauptain View Post
    Try Open Broadcaster Software + Avermedia Live Gamer Portable will make your day.

Its capture 1080i or 1080p using hardware encode, flawless for u computer.

Claudio
    Cheers mate.At lease someone understands me.
    Quote Quote  
  11. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Cauptain often recommends the AVerMedia Live Gamer Portable, but as usual he forgot to mention that it discards half the frames when capturing from a 1080i, 1080p50, or 1080p60 source. If you were planning to stream 1080i TV to your own website you may be disappointed with how it looks when one out of every two frames is missing. Streaming captured 720p50 or 720p60 video may look better.

[Edit]Of course streaming TV to your website or re-streaming someone else's content without consent could get you into legal troubles. I hope for your sake neither of those situations applies.
    Last edited by usually_quiet; 3rd Aug 2015 at 12:27.
    Quote Quote