VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. I had all our old 8mm family films put on 3 DVDs. I have copied one DVD to my desktop. I need to edit out diff parts and put on a diff DVD for diff family members. I was looking for a how to manual and could find no such animal. As a senior citizen I go slowly but I do go. Not sure which direction to start with. I downloaded Avidemux 2.6 - 64 bits. Am not sure how to get the video into the program and then save/edit the parts for diff. dvds . Are there any guides for very, very beginners?
    Using Win. 7 with 4 Gb of Memory – i3
    Any help would be a blessing
    Quote Quote  
  2. If you're just cutting out parts, that can easily be accomplished using VobBlanker. Here's a guide:'

http://download.videohelp.com/jsoto/guides/VobBlanker/prevcut/index.php

I couldn't quite figure out the rest. You want to burn copies of the edited DVDs to disc to mail to relatives? If so, then after processing the edited DVD, you'll burn it to disc using ImgBurn.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Yes I will burn the diff. sections to diff dvd disc, I do not think that will present me with problems.
    I checked out your link to VobBlanker, it seems fairly straight forward----but I am back to
    Square one!! How do I get my movies into the VobBlanker program?
    I can not do a drag and drop. What brings the movies from my desktop into the editing software?
    Thanks for your time, you must think I am a real duffus
    Quote Quote  
  4. You click on the top 'Browse' button and find the VIDEO_TS.IFO for your DVD. That VIDEO_TS.IFO might (or might not) be inside of a VIDEO_TS folder.

Better might be to put the DVD in a folder on your 'C' drive and not on the desktop, but it shouldn't really make any difference.

I can not do a drag and drop.
    You can, as long as it's of the VIDEO_TS.IFO and not the whole DVD or some other file from the DVD.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Sorry, double post
    Last edited by manono; 1st Aug 2015 at 00:10.
    Quote Quote  
  6. Please forgive my ignorance…but what program/software should I be in to look for the Browse button?
    The DVD is on my desktop and inside the folder are (VTS_01_1) thru (VTS_01_4)
    I can start the DVD on my desktop and it opens in (VLC Media Player)
    I have downloaded (avidemux_2), (Windows Live Movie), (VobBlanker) and (MovaviVid)
    I think the trick is to get my DVD movie into one of those programs so I can cut, edit and burn.
    I know you are probley slapping your head and saying how can this guy can be so dumb.
    A user guide would be nice if I could find one, maybe I just am not looking in the right places
    Quote Quote  
  7. This browse button:
    Image Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	VobBlanker.jpg
Views:	231
Size:	118.1 KB
ID:	32928  

Quote Quote  
  8. Thank you so much that pic explains it! Now I feel embarrassed.
    I found the (HTML Help) file in VobBlanker 2.1.3.0
    It shows a menu but no text, do I need to go to a place on (Video Help) to down load the (HTML Help) text for VobBlanker
    Also is VobBlanker the only program I will need to do what I want or do I need to use (avidemux) also?
    I will try and send a pix of the empty menu from VobBlanker
    Thanks for your help
    Ron
    Quote Quote  
  9. Originally Posted by riphawk View Post
    ...do I need to go to a place on (Video Help) to down load the (HTML Help) text for VobBlanker
    In my first reply I linked to a guide for what you want to do and you said, " it seems fairly straight forward". Okay, so follow that guide to remove parts of your DVD.
    ...do I need to use (avidemux) also?
    No.
    Quote Quote