VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3
FirstFirst 1 2 3
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    sadly I am going to have to stop this thread, in the beginning it was a chance to share with this forum my plans and hopefully gather advice, but every dumbass and his uncle has a computer and an opinion in his grandmas basement, so spam away. i collected the info I needed and I thank those who contributed, I will not be asking for further help from this forum.
    Quote Quote  
  2. And i don't blame you, i recently had my own Thread dedicated to the new Windows 10 operating system, and it was published purely to help those people out there who did not understand how to do the free upgrade, and to explain what the process involved.

One particular well known member of this forum decided to SPAM the thread with some bullshit crap aimed at me because he doesn't like me, and then another well known member decided to be a real smart ass and start turning the Thread on its head with all sorts of bullshit and completely ruined it.

A moderator came along and commented about what was going on, and I specifically asked members not to derail the thread with off topic or argumentative debates, but NO, this member had to come back and continue his rants to the point where that moderator closed the thread.

I then complained to that moderator and asked him to remove the thread completely from the forum, because i don't believe in closing a thread that has been derailed by idiots and just leave it there for others to see it.

Forums are great, but in every single one of them you are going to get a small group of members who thinks the forum is all about them, and they think they have the right to do and say whatever they like, and it is these members (they know who they are) who have to screw it all up for everyone else.

In your case, you got taken down by a few narrow minded idiots who just had to derail your thread with a whole load of negative bullshit, and i am over this kind of behavior, and it just goes to prove that the moderation in this forum is lacking big time, and the mods that i have seen in here should not be letting these people get away with posting this crap.

next time i see any member being an idiot, i will be reporting them.

Cheers
    Last edited by glenpinn; 1st Nov 2015 at 21:52.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I hope all are still with me lol, I decided it would be foolish to let the "trolls" win this one. I do hope the MODERATORS (are you listening???) patrol this thread and clean up all the trolls comments, instead of letting their website go to dogshit like they have been doing!

I have many updates to talk about and will be posting one very soon, Glenpinn I hope your still out there.
    Quote Quote  
  4. I am still out here, but the 2 or 3 sections of the forum that i usually hang out in has gone very quiet in recent times, and like i said before, i don't want to participate in stuff if there is the slightest chance some idiot is going to come and spoil it by taking things out of context and manipulating comments to suit their own needs.

What you are trying to do is not something i have attempted to do yet, not sure if i ever will, so i can't really contribute too much, only to say i am keeping my eyes open on your thread to see what you have been up to.

Has your final choice for a Camera been decided yet ?
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hey Glenn!

Yes We totally have all the gear (Well almost all of it) Ill be doing a full update very soon including pictures of the full rig!

We actually have several rigs.

Steadicam Rig 1 (which is controlled by a arm and gimbal)

Steadicam Rig 2 (which is the pipe structure you saw, nothing special there (that is more for hard shots with no steadicam flow)

Crane Jib Rig (With Ball Head Riser)

Slider Rig (On Ball bearing rails) With Ball Head Riser

Overhead tracking Slider Rig) Used for overhead scene shots with slider mounted on suspension arms

Tripod Full Rig (Everything we use in a location scene)

Tripod Minimal Rig (Same as above but scaled down to almost nothing but camera and tripod)

A-B Cam Tripod Rig Multi Setup (This is the setup we use when we need cross camera interview shots, one camera is mounted on the tripod, the other is mounted on a rotating arm off the main tripod and will shoot OTS shots for the other interviewee, one cam is trained on the host face, and the other on the interviewee)

Wow I had no idea until I wrote this how many setups we had

More Coming Soon
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Just wanted to Publicly thank "Stefan" from this site who has taken to cleaning up this thread (and I hope others) and maybe now we can get back to some intelligent conversation!

Quote Quote  
  7. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hello Everyone,

I do not know who is joining us or who read the entire thread, but suffice to say its ALL CHANGED.

A quick backstory, I was originally supposed to go on a bike trip around the world and film it myself however that did not happen. What did happen was i and a small team did a ten month scouting trip through central america. After this trip it was decided (with the help of an interested network) to film season 1 of a new type of tv show in central America. The bike trip for now will have to wait, we are gathering the crew as we speak

Things that have changed

1. we decided on digital cameras instead of DV (for many reasons)
    2. our sound setup has become more advanced
    3. the lighting setup could be better but it is a work in progress
    4. a host (not me) has been cast for the lead presenter role in the series
    5. we are assembling the equipment and crew as we speak

We start Principle photography in March of 2017 in Cancun. we hope to finish filming season 1 by September (in an unusual twist we will be filming season 1 in its entirety on 1 long trip)

I have so much to talk about, hopefully we can pick up where we left off (glenpinn you out there?)

Ok right now I am looking at using a DR-60DMKII from Tascam (even though we will not be using DSLR bodies) I really like how small and affordable this is. I can post a full equipment list soon if people are interested
    Quote Quote  
  8. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by jaysodyssey View Post
    I have so much to talk about, hopefully we can pick up where we left off (glenpinn you out there?)
    Look at what is under his user name beside his posts. He was banned. He showed up with a new user name sometime later, and was banned again. If he shows up in this thread with a new identity, it's likely he will be banned once more.
    Ignore list: hello_hello, tried, TechLord, Snoopy329
    Quote Quote  
  9. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Yeah I saw that (usually quiet) its to bad, out of all the people on this thread, he had stuff to say that actually contributed!

RIP Glenpinn
    Quote Quote