VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I recorded a 3 month time lapse that I unfortunately had endless problems with consisting of hundreds of 30 minute 1 FPS AVI files separated into a folder for each day lots of which are corrupt and incomplete and wont open in avidemux.

So is there a program that can read incomplete avi files, join them together and speed it up 600x?
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Try Virtualdub.
    Got my retirement plans all set. Looks like I only have to work another 5 years after I die........
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    I don't know what exactly you want, nor your skill levevl,but here are so suggestions, all of which use avisynth (with Megui as the GUI/Editor).

A simple speed up can be done with the assumefps() function.

If you want to drop frames, here is a better example
    LoadPlugin("O:\Megui\Megui\tools\ffms\ffms2.dll")
    FFVideoSource("O:\video.mkv", fpsnum=24000, fpsden=1001, threads=1)
    LoadPlugin("O:\Megui\Megui\tools\TIVTC.dll")
    TDecimate(cycleR=99, cycle=100) #Out of 100 frames, 99 are thrown away, change to your liking
    Spline64Resize(1280,720) # Spline64 (Sharp)
    assumefps(24) #final frame rate, can be anything really, change to your liking but higher rates are harder to play. Like +100fps
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Yes and you can do the exact same thing in Virtualdub or Avisynth without the need for MeGUI or TDecimate plugin.
    Got my retirement plans all set. Looks like I only have to work another 5 years after I die........
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by racer-x View Post
    Yes and you can do the exact same thing in Virtualdub or Avisynth without the need for MeGUI or TDecimate plugin.
    Yes but I don't think OP knows how to use avisynth, otherwise he would not be asking such a question. So he is going to need some GUI help. And the decimation would be needed if he wants to throw out frames.
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I'm familiar with avisynth, but can it join hundreds of avi files in different folders with some of the files incomplete and corrupt without having to process each file individually?
    Quote Quote  
  7. Originally Posted by CommanderLake View Post
    I'm familiar with avisynth, but can it join hundreds of avi files in different folders with some of the files incomplete and corrupt without having to process each file individually?
    This question makes no sense. The whole point of Avisynth is to process files.

If you're trying to concatenate files you can join them with a DOS command. If a number of the files are corrupt or incomplete you will almost certainly get errors that need to be dealt with individually no matter how you try to join them.
    Quote Quote  
  8. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I honestly dont know whats tripping you up?
    Quote Quote  
  9. Originally Posted by CommanderLake View Post
    I honestly dont know whats tripping you up?
    Trying to resolve this combination:

"endless problems"
    "lots of which are corrupt and incomplete and wont open"
    "join hundreds of avi files in different folders with some of the files incomplete and corrupt"
    "without having to process each file individually"

No. Nothing can do that automatically.

I would recommend trying to load the files into a robust NLE like Premiere Pro, or a graphics processor like After Effects -- but there will still be a lot of manual labor involved.
    Quote Quote  
  10. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Avidemux would do the trick if it could open corrupt files which I can play just fine with MPC.
    Some files are corrupt due to problems with the recording equipment, disconnections left the files incomplete.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by CommanderLake View Post
    Avidemux would do the trick if it could open corrupt files...
    Did you try Googling "repair corrupt video file"?
    Quote Quote  
  12. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Yes but nothing I found can automate the repair of many files in many folders.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Maybe they aren't corrupt with different codecs. Do you have a short sample of a corrupted one for download? Shouldn't be too tough to build a script... If they are all the same... If they are repairable...
    Quote Quote