VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I'm looking for a simple M-Disc BD writer that doesn't require any software running to burn data & vids on a BD M Disc. Just connect & use your own software like imgburn.

I've read some comments on various forums that DVD & early HDDVD had a better structure to BD for longevity in well kept environment. I can't find exactly what this means & how it effects the long life of a BD pressed or dyed? I take it the scratch proof on BD is largely useless fore long life in a well kept environment?

Why does DVD-R structure last longer over BD-R for your backed up data?

Thanks
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    DVD and HD-DVD were a sandwich.
    BD is an inverse CD-R, with a thin film cover. It's not archival.

M-DISC is all talk, and no follow-through. TY and MCC/MKM are still more readable.
    Want my help? Ask here! (not via PM!)
    FAQs: Best Blank DiscsBest TBCsBest VCRs for captureRestore VHS
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by lordsmurf View Post

M-DISC is all talk, and no follow-through. TY and MCC/MKM are still more readable.
    Yeah I stayed clear off m disc. nothing but marketing rubbish, just reading their faq shows that. The archival disc is a good useful size of storage if its legit.

The best I could find was Panasonic BD-R archival grade. Should be a lot better than the cheapo verbatim & TDK I was using.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I've burned a couple of M-disc BD's to try it out on my LG writer. No special software needed. Just use Imgburn like you would for writing to any blank BD disc.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Originally Posted by lordsmurf View Post

You've discredited M-Disc a few times on here. What are the reasons you don't think its legit?
    Quote Quote