VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. I just can't do it, I have 4 options in the subtitles filters:
    Vobsub
    DvB sub (crashes everytime)
    Whatever 1
    Whatever 2

Whatever 1&2 asks for .srt files which seem to be an obsession everywhere I go and a no no for me. I want the subtitles from the dvd the exact way they look like, I don't want to undo that, why would anyone wants to do that? Nevermind.

I did Tools> Vob/Vobsub, this gave me a .idx and .sub file. Then what?
    I tried to add either files in the filter "Vobsub" but the preview is not showing any subtitles. The reason I'm using Avidemux 2.5 btw is that the 2.6 has filters missing that I need: reverse frames order. So alternatively if you know a tool that works that can burn-in original dvd subtitles like a champ and also reverse frame order I can live a happy life. Also I don't like Avidemux because the x264 window is different it's confusing to find my options like fast decode etc. I have so many problems at once right in my face
    I repeat I don't want to change my dvd subtitles into a .srt at any points and then back to burned in, I want the bitmaps burned in. Right now I can only do that with Handbrake but it cannot add any filters (like reverse video and sound) as far as I know?

edit: now I managed to redo the .idx .sub with vobub ripper so Avidemux thought it could do it by itself but it cannot... but now I got the
    wrong position, can I change it back?

Edit2: conclusion AVIDEMUX sucks it pretends to do .idx but it suck at it and it entirely refuses to use the coordinates information in it, so it sticks it whatever it wants it and you have to accept it. Who make these programs?

Thank you.
    Last edited by Danny1; 13th Jul 2015 at 04:43.
    Quote Quote  
  2. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Maybe try an even older version of avidemux. The new ones are very buggy. Or well all versions are buggy...
    Quote Quote  
  3. Originally Posted by Danny1 View Post
    So alternatively if you know a tool that works that can burn-in original dvd subtitles like a champ and also reverse frame order I can live a happy life.
    An AviSynth script with the VSFilter filter to add in the subs and the Reverse filter to play the video from end to beginning, followed by using that script in an x264 encoder (I use RipBot264).

http://avisynth.org.ru/docs/english/externalfilters/vsfilter.htm

http://avisynth.nl/index.php/Reverse
    Quote Quote