VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search PM
    Hi,
    I have 3D movies in MP4 File.

I made 3D subtitles with the software "3D-Subtitler".

it made for me Sup subtitles.

How to merage it for ever for MP4 file?

I tried use Format Factory, but it is take lot of time and also i get big file after Recoding.

What to do?
    What is the mose easy way to add Sup subtitles to MP4?

Thank you guys!
    Quote Quote  
  2. Originally Posted by Shlomi View Post
    I tried use Format Factory, but it is take lot of time and also i get big file after Recoding.
    Is that your complaint? You would use Format Factory except the resulting files are too large? It will give you whatever size files you tell it to give you. Go back and choose a lower bitrate or higher CRF.

And I don't believe MP4 allows for SUP subtitle files. You should probably convert them to VobSubs (IDX/SUB)
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search PM
    Have an option to save the subtitles as SUB file.

but how to add sub subtitles to MP4?
    Quote Quote  
  4. Originally Posted by Shlomi View Post
    but how to add sub subtitles to MP4? .
    I don't use FormatFactory but in the picture on its page on this site it shows how to add 'Additional Subtitles'. Did you try that?
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search PM
    Originally Posted by manono View Post
    Originally Posted by Shlomi View Post
    but how to add sub subtitles to MP4? .
    I don't use FormatFactory but in the picture on its page on this site it shows how to add 'Additional Subtitles'. Did you try that?
    Yes.
    But it is didn't add subtitles for me.

What software you use?
    Quote Quote  
  6. Originally Posted by Shlomi View Post
    What software you use?
    I don't burn subtitles into videos but if I did and wanted to hardcode VobSubs, I'd use the VobSub filter in an AviSynth script opened in RipBot264 to make my MP4. It does accept external subs but I just checked and for some reason it doesn't accept IDX/SUB.
    Quote Quote  
  7. Member
    Search PM
    How to do all this?
    How much time it's take?
    Quote Quote  
  8. If you have to ask then it'll take too much time just to learn enough to be able to do it. I might suggest XviD4PSP as a program where you can add VobSubs because it uses AviSynth. It's going to reencode everything, though, something you probably don't want.

I was just going to suggest MP4Box and a GUI but I see no evidence you can just mux VobSubs as all the GUI allows for is a few kinds of text subs. Maybe someone else has some ideas.
    Quote Quote  
  9. Member
    Search PM
    I don't understand.
    Which softwares I need use to do this?
    it's take lot of time?
    Quote Quote  
  10. sup is not officially supported in mp4 container

ie. you can't use sup soft subs just by muxing them it. You would either have to hardcode them, or convert them to a supported format

hardcoding can take a lot of time - it depends on the quality settings you set . Hardcoding means re-encoding the video and burning in the subs (making them permanently "written" into the picture, not toggleable on/off)
    Quote Quote  
  11. Member
    Search PM
    Originally Posted by poisondeathray View Post
    sup is not officially supported in mp4 container

ie. you can't use sup soft subs just by muxing them it. You would either have to hardcode them, or convert them to a supported format

hardcoding can take a lot of time - it depends on the quality settings you set . Hardcoding means re-encoding the video and burning in the subs (making them permanently "written" into the picture, not toggleable on/off)
    No way to add 3D subtitles or Color subtitle to MP4?
    No easier way?
    Quote Quote  
  12. They are supported in other containers, just not MP4 . That's the "easy" way. Use something like MKV or transport stream instead
    Quote Quote  
  13. Like others - MP4 only supports 2 subtitle formats ttxt(srt) and idx/vobsub. In 3D Subtitler you can select vobsub idx/sub as output format and mux those with MY MP4Box GUI.
    Quote Quote