VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Hi there guys can someone tell me about any video editor or splitter that cuts and joins the videos as is without re converting.
    Quote Quote  
  2. There is no such NLE for IPB frames.
    You can cut only the movie to samples with a supply of ąGOP/2 frames and convert in editor. There is one problem. You can't align the audio signal fx (normalize) on short parts.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search PM
    Originally Posted by amirzubair View Post
    Hi there guys can someone tell me about any video editor or splitter that cuts and joins the videos as is without re converting.
    Can't give you much information,. mainly because you haven't given us much info to work with. What kind of "video"? What format? What container? What do you mean by "re-convert?" (or do you mean re-encode?)

First, you can't join videos that have different encoding formats, frame structures, or audio properties. Second, you have to know the difference between formats designed for editing and final delivery formats not designed for that purpose. http://telestreamblog.telestream.net/2012/04/save-yourself-frustration-use-editing-for...hen-editing-2/
    - My sister Ann's brother
    Quote Quote  
  4. Originally Posted by Jamaika View Post
    There is no such NLE for IPB frames.
    You can cut only the movie to samples with a supply of ąGOP/2 frames and convert in editor. There is one problem. You can't align the audio signal fx (normalize) on short parts.
    In simple words
    Quote Quote  
  5. Originally Posted by LMotlow View Post
    Hi there guys can someone tell me about any video editor or splitter that cuts and joins the videos as is without re converting.
    Can't give you much information,. mainly because you haven't given us much info to work with. What kind of "video"? What format? What container? What do you mean by "re-convert?" (or do you mean re-encode?)

First, you can't join videos that have different encoding formats, frame structures, or audio properties. Second, you have to know the difference between formats designed for editing and final delivery formats not designed for that purpose. http://telestreamblog.telestream.net/2012/04/save-yourself-frustration-use-editing-for...hen-editing-2/
    Sorry i am new at this. I just wanna record gameplay videos. Edit them and convert them. I found video converter now iam looking for editor cutter plus joiner to simply remove the parts i don't want without converting them again to different format. I am working with x264 mp4 files.
    Quote Quote  
  6. Iam not doing it professionally or for YouTube or anything. Just for my eyes only
    Quote Quote  
  7. If you're willing to make your cuts on keyframes only (sometimes up to 10 seconds apart) you can use AviDemux. If your cuts need to be more precise you need a smart rendering tool to minimally reencode around the edits. TMPGenc Smart Renderer and VideReDo are the most reliable.
    Quote Quote  
  8. Originally Posted by amirzubair View Post
    Iam not doing it professionally or for YouTube or anything. Just for my eyes only
    Oh, you're asking about cutting lossless and high-quality movies and then you talk about poor Youtube. Nonsense in the action. Don't bother people head out and buy yourself a good camera 4K. Sorry
    Quote Quote  
  9. Originally Posted by Jamaika View Post
    Iam not doing it professionally or for YouTube or anything. Just for my eyes only
    Oh, you're asking about cutting lossless and high-quality movies and then you talk about poor Youtube. Nonsense in the action. Don't bother people head out and buy yourself a good camera 4K. Sorry
    As i said Iam not going to upload to YouTube or anything. Just for personal gratification.
    Quote Quote  
  10. What is the personal gratification???
    1. Watching a movie on the old not calibrated monitor 1280x960.
    2. Watching a movie on TV if they have the appropriate USB connection.
    3. Watching a movie on DVD.

Ad1 HD movies once were good for my taste, but now on the new FullHD monitor are bad. The stretched film has a low bit rate pixels.
    Ad2 Theoretically, a well-recorded video from the camera XAVCS you can cut thang and connecting. Unfortunately to watch it on TV you need to have new 4K receiver.
    Ad3 If it is to be a DVD it doesn't let us talk today about the quality of the recording. Here counts only the price of the puck.

edit: Go on a course. Here there are many complexities.
    Last edited by Jamaika; 8th Jul 2015 at 15:38.
    Quote Quote  
  11. Member
    Search Comp PM
    i think he simply wants to relive the glory moments, when everything went right
    which is why he wants to remove every move that did NOT go right
    Quote Quote  
  12. Originally Posted by theewizard View Post
    i think he simply wants to relive the glory moments, when everything went right
    which is why he wants to remove every move that did NOT go right
    Yes 😁
    Quote Quote  
  13. Avidemux will be good for you. Set video and audio to copy and it will not reincode. If you search Google or YouTube it will help.
    It can split and join your files. You also want to set output to mp4. I will make a YouTube video tonight
    Quote Quote  
  14. I made a video of how to add files to avidemux. You will have to look up another video on how to split and join files, sorry. Basically to join, you just drag and drop another video with same specs. To split, you use the buttons on the bottom like in the second youtube video. The buttons look a little different in linux or windows
    https://youtu.be/s058Ow1r3M0

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mi6L1Tev6Vg
    Quote Quote  
  15. VideoReDo will do what you need, but at a cost of us$100 for a license, but i can tell you it is worth every cent, given it is frame accurate, can smart render back to a single file, plus there is a Title creation tool as well.

Cheers
    Quote Quote