VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search PM
    Hello everyone, rather if I can help create a PLAY SUMMARY like a movie without the need and use the Summary button next DVD LAB PRO

Here my DVD structure

Click image for larger version

Name:	01.jpg
Views:	264
Size:	281.4 KB
ID:	32388

In the Main Menu you have 3 cells and the third cell is registered as GPRM0 = 1, as the following image shows:

Name:	02.jpg
Views:	216
Size:	310.1 KB
ID:	32391

Hopefully you can help me and tell me how it's done as a guide. Sorry my bad English XD
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Not sure if I d understand what you want to achieve.

If it is simply 'Resume Play' after stopping a dvd and restarting it, that is already built-in with your player. I do not think you can program for that (or indeed would want to)

If I have this wrong then please correct me and try to explain more clearly.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search PM
    OK, to be more clear.

When the movie starts, entering the PLAY button, the movie incia and continues its course of reproduction ..... everything OK here.

But if you want change, whether DUAL audio or subtitles, you enter the main menu and then choose any of the options mentioned, and once done, you go back in the movie, but the movie should be where you leave and not have to start again. .. me you get the idea.

So the main menu I'm working with cells as it is a menu with animation and how to program using the VMCOMMAND, so the cell three of them have registered as GPRM0 = 1

So I want the PLAY button is much like the beginning of the movie and abstract at the same time as the original DVD's.

So I need you to guide me or make an explanation of how to do it with the VM COMMAND, seeing the structure of the first image.

All that's it, the only problem is that.

No clear if everything you said ..... I'm bad at English ..... but that's the idea.
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    Upon starting the movie from the menu (the "Play Movie" button) you want to set a GPRM. For example Set GPRM(0)=MOV(1). That way, if the user returns to the same menu and activates the "Play Movie" button once again, GPRM0 can be checked if it is 1 and if yes commands will skip to the RSM (Resume) line and do a resume.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search PM
    Hello friend skiller

what happens is that the command you give me an example does not work, except that if GPRM is maintained and does not change to another command, in other words not changed.

The trouble is that I do not specify if the VTS or MOVIE to put that syntax.

Rather, the "MOV" command does not remain such as you are mentioning, writing appears as disabled and if I put a GPMR, the re-named as GPMR0 more value.

Already tried so many (searching the internet too), since the right would come to be this:

MOV (GPRM0,1)

but changes to:

GPRM0 = 1

For a sample in the following images:

Name:	VMSCRIPT.jpg
Views:	350
Size:	70.3 KB
ID:	32418

Here the "MOV" command reads it as disabled:

Name:	VMSCRIPT2.jpg
Views:	332
Size:	74.7 KB
ID:	32419

All of these images, that solution can be drawn?

Look, for you know it, in the following images of my project, really like the GPMR registered and that I am using for the button function menu and title in the specified cell:

Name:	REG01.jpg
Views:	143
Size:	235.3 KB
ID:	32420

Name:	REG02.jpg
Views:	172
Size:	209.9 KB
ID:	32421

All the programming work for me 100%

As I said earlier, it would be good you tell me where to put the syntax in either the PRE or POST Comamnd, and in that letter "A" or "C" or make a kind of image guides to know each syntax where places .

I hope you can understand what I'm saying. I await your prompt response.
    Quote Quote  
  6. I did not read whole thread, but put resume movie into submenu where you set language or subtitles. No conditions needed.

You need those menus anyway and to be marked properly as audio menu or subtitles menu as well (same as root or title menu for example). Because if user has remote control with those buttons it should work as well.
    Quote Quote  
  7. @ kirous

you can get an idea of how this works, this guide help you ..

http://forum.doom9.org/showpost.php?.....

Originally Posted by kirous
    But if you want change, whether DUAL audio or subtitles, you enter the main menu and then choose any of the options mentioned, and once done, you go back in the movie, but the movie should be where you leave and not have to start again. .. me you get the idea.
    Last edited by sekininsha; 10th Jul 2015 at 11:02.
    Quote Quote  
  8. Member
    Search PM
    @_Al_ friend

If a button that can be placed short in that part I do not want to put in a sub menu, or anything.

As I say, we obviate the subtitles and audio at the time to return the movie to the menu, just what I want is half the movie to return to the main menu and return to the movie at the part where he was playing, the button play create a syntax in order VMCOMMAND that the movie has a summary where it left.

What I have seen in some post if it is programming on the same MOVIE, both PRE and POST COMMAND, but even so the result is not satisfactory, errors arise, and even tried some and fails.

Well, someone who knows or is advanced level help me in that little problem.

@sekininsha friend

Thanks, but it's not what I want, just talk Subtitle and Audio, and is my mistake to mention them, just looking for the play button contains dual function, meaning that starts the movie, and also whether as a summary, but using the script the VMCOMMAND .... that's what I want.

Sorry my bad english XD
    Quote Quote  
  9. Not sure what you are trying to do, DVD operates something like this:
    -one time stop button on remote control brings DVD disc to stop, or brings you internal DVD menu that its firmware provides
    -pressing stop button two times, for sure stops playback and resets all GPRM etc. , as if you just remove DVD disc
    -pause just pauses playback

-to change subtitle or audio you have to have dedicated subtitle or audio menu for the reason I told you, because folks might have those buttons (audio menu or subtitle menu) on their remotes
    -user might just have remote control buttons with audio or subtitles where DVD player firmware takes over and you can select streams on screen during playback without going into any menu, therefore DVD players could make do without those specific audio and subtitle menus

-if you do not want to create those dedicated audio and subtitle menus you just put "RESUME Movie" button whenever you select audio or subtitles , in the same menu, there is a command for that, RSM, it continues playback for movie where last CallSS or menu call interrupted playback, DVD specifications remember for that, no need to program anything. You just might check some GPRM with that command if title was ever played to Resume or just play title: if ( gprm(0) == 1 ) then { RSM } (courtesy of PGCEdit)

- If you do not want any "RESUME movie" button in your menus ,you can program it the same way your only PLAY button:
    if ( gprm(0) == 1 ) then { RSM }
    (JumpTT) Jump to Title 1

where into pre-command section of your title you always set GPRM0 to 1, that means title was already played and if PLAY button is pressed again, movie would resume , if not, movie would just start to play from the beginning or whatever you want your navigation to jump, you can create dummy PGC in VMGM for that
    Last edited by _Al_; 6th Jul 2015 at 00:38.
    Quote Quote  
  10. Member
    Search PM
    - I'm trying to make you mentioned at the first point and the last point. And that's what I do.
    - On the last point, if I want to put the codes on the play button, the question is: how do I connect the PLAY button MOVIE?
    - Rather, some I did not understand is on pre-command you mentioned, but where I put it in the VTS ROOT or MOVIE?
    - And who do you mean, TITLE, will not be in the MOVIE or TITLE button?

Another thing, as mentioned above:

(JumpTT) Jump to Title 1

In the syntax I get:

If (GPRM0 == 1) RSM (buton 0)
    JumpTT 1

With that syntax, I have placed a VMCOMAND, giving the output of the second point I'm asking where the image is displayed:

Views:	151
Size:	257.4 KB
ID:	32462

Here with coding:

Views:	151
Size:	61.1 KB
ID:	32463

And this is where I connect the play button with COMMAND 1, both for cell 2 and 3:

Name:	03.jpg
Views:	147
Size:	175.4 KB
ID:	32464

Name:	04.jpg
Views:	145
Size:	175.5 KB
ID:	32465

With that, I do not know if what I'm doing wrong, or whether it will be well placed, but in the end, nothing happens, it hangs on any media player.

I on my part use Media Player Classic Home Cinema and Power DVD 8, to see the result.

Well, with this, you will understand a little structure.

If you put that syntax, without using the cells it would be different.

But this would come to be like a professional player.

And watch, I'm using DVD LAB PRO, the syntax that you mention is for sony Arquitech, but I think that's it.

It would be good to answer my questions, show me pictures of how it should be.
    Quote Quote  
  11. I used syntax from PGCEdit, I mentioned that, you can use whatever correct syntax there should be used within DVDLab Pro. I found that very cumbersome to write codes in DVDLABPro. So I just create whatever there must be created or it is easy, and then I fill it in in PGCEDit. PGCEdit write correct syntax for codes for you, you do not have to remember those exact codes, you just fill out their wizard on screen for any possible command. To try to write codes in DVDLAB directly is very difficult and cumbersome and you suppose to know those command in the first place. Very unintuitive. PGCEdit is THE tool for that.

YOU have to set GPRM0 to 1 in pre-command section for title (movie). So that flag 1 would indicate that title (title means movie, title menu is different thing) was already played.

And that code (but correct in DVDLabPro syntax, not this one, this is PGCEDIT syntax :

(JumpTT) Jump to Title 1

is to be executed after pressing PLAY button in the menu. How you going to do that, it is up to you. You might create extra PGC for that so PLAY button just jumps into that PGC where you put that code. Or there is possibly many other ways to do it.

If you have any other videos on your DVD, including first play, all of them, you should reset that GPRM0 value in those pre-commands section for all of those video clips to 0 again.
    Quote Quote  
  12. Member
    Search PM
    MMMMM, so if you can say is that this program will not use, I am a newbie, but something you said and that is disturbing me, it's about creating a dummy PGC in the VMGM, by which it was made.

Here the picture:

Views:	161
Size:	176.1 KB
ID:	32472

Here the code:

Views:	177
Size:	210.9 KB
ID:	32473

Look, the PLAY button cell 2 and 3 are connected to the VMG.

Yes is not well done, but even with this form does not make me a summary MOVIE, but if reproduction is no longer hangs.

But if you put the:

(JumpTT) Jump to Title 1

In the dummy VMG, It hangs.

Rather, image codes, which should be added, or carry anywhere, or Remove to say.
    Quote Quote  
  13. You use GPRM0 for two different purposes.

If GPRM0 is already used as a memory that controls to what cell you need to jump in the menu, then for that resume control choose another empty memory you have there, for example GPRM5.

You can create empty PGC/menu in VTS domain, instead of that VMG for this purpose, it is more logical, so that tutorial below creates that dummy menu/PGC in VTS, not VMG.

It is really simple, but those navigation things are difficult to explain.

To do it most simple way, in DVD Lab Pro:

1. create extra VTS menu, in the same VTS you have that title and menu, in your case VTS 1,
    2. set link for your play button in your menu to that new created VTS menu/pgc
    3. export VIDEO_TS in DVDLABPro, it will protest that there is no link set for that new VTS PGC or something but that is ok, you fix it in PGCEDIT

then load PGCEdit, open that VIDEO_TS:

1. and just close all windows that pop up (you do not need to check what it offers you)
    2. on the left find your main movie (title), click on it, and on the right find last pre-command line , right click it and choose "add after"
    3. double click that new created line that says "nop" and choose "alphabetically"then "Set" and then set GPRM5, value 1 ,OK
    you should create this command:
    Set gprm(5) =(mov) 1
    4. find all other titles on your DVD on the left , do the same except value would be 0, to get this command:
    Set gprm(5) =(mov) 0
    5. find that new created VTS dummy menu on the left and again add two lines there at the end, so first add a empty line on the right again, then for the first line choose "alphabetically", RSM, check if, GPRM5 and value 1, OK, that will set your command to:
    if ( gprm(5) == 1 ) then { RSM }
    second line would be "Jump and Call", "From VTS title" , "to VTST title in the same VTS" , "Jump VTS_TT" and make sure title number is the same, 1, so that second created command here would be:
    (JumpVTS_TT) Jump to TTN 1 in this VTS
    6. Choose File/ Save DVD

I'm sure that you can use DVD LAB Pro only, not PGCEdit, perhaps it would be very easy, I just know PGCEDit and use it that way, it is much more efficient and comfortable but I understand that first time using PGCEdit might be overwhelming also ... just tackle this your way ....
    Last edited by _Al_; 8th Jul 2015 at 22:18.
    Quote Quote  
  14. Member
    Search PM
    Hello, thank you for making this guide and worked really me. Well, at any time will put a new topic to help me, so look forward to it.
    Quote Quote  
  15. Member
    Search PM
    Hello friend _AL_, recently I remember this and I forgot to tell you something about the item 4. I mean only that any title containing the GPRM (5) = (mov) 1, and a summary is made. And I did a test, and if the summary is done (although my project consists of 3 titles). And my question is no longer a need to put more "Jump VTS_TT" because to put that, for example: "(JumpVTS_TT) Jump to TTN 2 in this VTS", automatically my shades on a purple line and seeing other post, I said that was a "dead command," without function. I wonder if there's another way of doing so has no flaws in other DVD players.

And another thing, there is a command to end all tiles and restart again not start me last title that was completed, I mean the beginning of the first title .... I know? And that where the command is placed?

Well I hope your prompt response and assistance. Sorry my bad english XD
    Quote Quote