VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Hi Guys,

I recorded some footage of RC racing using a car crash cam that was on sale. I bought a Micro SD card for it and the footage of today comes to around 2.5GB for 36 minutes. When I plug the cam into the pc via usb I get a blue screen after I push mass storage and the system finds the drives. Playback of the video is so slow and jerky and trying to copy over the 2 files results in an error 0x8007045D and saying it failed to transfer the files. I bought the class 10 micro sd with a read speed of up to 48mb/s but when I try to copy them to computer it goes 224kilobytes/s down to 100 then stalls.

Any help would be appreciated, Microsoft search was no help at all.

Matt
    Status - Attacked by mold spores. - Pour out a lil liquor for all the homies lost in the format wars. Sanlyn will live again, a Sanlyn v2.0 if you will
    Quote Quote  
  2. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    I woudl first try on another computer or on another sd-cardreader.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Yeah I only have the one laptop though, was hoping to fix this tonight and play the footage. Safe mode booting didn't fix it and the blue screen is on the cam not the computer. Im racking my brain but cant think of whether its a updated driver that's needed or something in my system setting conflicting with the cam.
    Status - Attacked by mold spores. - Pour out a lil liquor for all the homies lost in the format wars. Sanlyn will live again, a Sanlyn v2.0 if you will
    Quote Quote  
  4. hmmm I just tried copy files from pc to micro sd, super fast, but doesn't copy from micro sd to pc. The only info I can find says it might be an ownership thing?
    Quote Quote  
  5. Dammit, Sanlyn would know this. I better flash the bat signal in the sky, he may return one day.
    Quote Quote  
  6. Could I try putting my micro sd card into the adapter and putting it in my other digital camera that doesn't support avi only to move the files that way to the pc?
    Quote Quote  
  7. Tried it on my digital camera and moved the files to the pc in about 4 mins, thanks VideoChunkster for your help lol
    Quote Quote  
  8. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    No problems.

Quote Quote  
  9. Banned
    Search PM
    One word of advice for anyone who uses SD cards.

After you finish your video:

1. Take the card out and do not reuse it for any other device!
    2. Store the card in a designated card holder, not in your pocket!
    3. Copy to contents of the card to a hard drive ASAP and verify, always use a quality card reader!
    4. Duplicate the videos from the hard drive to a back up drive also with verify.
    5. Format the card.

Quote Quote