VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. I have an old Ilo DVD recorder. I don't know if it is wearing out from age, or if it has always produced discs that most programs would not like. Either way, I need to find a way to back up my Recorder discs without using the recorder itself. So far I have tried a number of programs, but the only one that has been able to open the disc and make an iso of it is CloneDVD, which I can't afford.

Everything except CloneDVD says they can't read the disc. CloneDVD processes it with no problems, but says it had to fix some issues in the process. But now the CloneDVD trial has run out ... what other programs are good for managing to copy Recorder DVDs?
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    dvdfab will now handle dvd recorder disc now. try that
    Quote Quote  
  3. I'll try that. Thanks. Why do these DVD Recorders have to be so difficult?!? :
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    Originally Posted by Batchman View Post
    I'll try that. Thanks. Why do these DVD Recorders have to be so difficult?!? :
    Only a few make strange discs.....my dad owned one too.
    You can also try VOB2MPG then reauthor a new DVD. Or if your disc has only one VOB file, you can try loading that VOB file into AviDemux, then outputting it as an MPEG-PS (.mpg) file THEN reauthoring. I remember my dad sending me one of his, and I had to "fix" it like you are trying to do......but I forgot exactly how i did it.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    check your inbox Batchman
    Bulldog57
    Quote Quote