VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search PM
    Hi, I have a Panasonic 3CCD model VDR-0300 and for years I've used Panasonic DVD RAM mini dvd's but I need to buy some new dvd's. I found Panasonic LM-RF60V3 8CM DVD-R Double Sided Disc http://www.amazon.com/Panasonic-LM-RF60V3-DVD-R-Double-minutes/dp/B000RATCKW/ref=sr_1_...sonic+mini+dvd

What I worried about it these at amazon are Double Sided Disc and the ones I have now are single sided simple face. How can I found out if my camcorder can use double sided disc? I have been trying to research it but with little luck. Any tips on buying min dvd's would be very welcome. BTW: I also has some memorex dvd-rw but the picture is always horrible on them. Kind of why I was afraid to get anything other than Panasonic.

Thank you
    Quote Quote  
  2. A Member since June, 2004 Keyser's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    I'm no expert, but I think double sided discs are writen one face at a time (i.e. you have to flip them to use both sides).

P.S. What I'm trying to say is each side is an independent volume.
    "The greatest trick the Devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist."
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    Double-sided discs look like Single-sided discs from all the recorders/burners and players/readers out there. You have to turn it over for it to use the other side (AFAIK, there are NO devices that switch sides automatically). And they are LOGICALLY considered separate, independent domains.

I'd be more worried about whether that cam works well with DVD-R's. Cannot find the VDR-0300 manual, but the VDR-0100/VDR-0200 manual seems to say that you would be OK with that. Since the 3-pack is only $3.99 (=$0.665 per side), I'd suggest getting 1 trial pack and see how it works.

Always use best media for your personal stuff: they are important to you! If you have good track record with the Panasonic, ok, but normally, I would suggest Verbatim (but not the Datalife series) or TY. If you buy in bulk as I do, take a look at Rima.com. Among many other good buys, they have Ritek (sorry, cannot vouch for their quality) 10packs of single-sided DVD-R minis for 5.99 (=$0.599 per side). That may or may not help, but you kind of have to take what you can get for the minis.

Scott
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search PM
    Thanks that helpful. I never thought about just needing to flip them over. Good to know.
    Quote Quote