VideoHelp Forum

Try StreamFab Downloader and download from Netflix, Amazon, Youtube! Or Try DVDFab and copy Blu-rays! or rip iTunes movies!

Try StreamFab Downloader and download streaming video from Youtube, Netflix, Amazon! Download free trial.

+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Hi.

I was on youtube and downloaded some files using Internet Download Manager and EagleGet. Sometimes IDM turns a video file on youtube into an MKV file (usually with Chrome browsers). IDM combines the separate audio and video streams. I noticed in EagleGet that sometimes I can download Audio and Video separately. As webm or mp4 files (usually). When IDM makes MKV files, they are very noticeably smaller/compressed than the mp4 and/or webm files. I don't know what settings IDM would use on the output files. I cannot adjust them myself.

Is there a program to combine the mp4 and/or webm audio and video files? Is this called muxing?

I could use the command line prompt programs suggested by EagleGet. I am unsure if the quality is good and it does not seem that I can adjust any settings.

I would prefer a video editing program that I can visually see the video and audio files on a timeline and be able to adjust the options/values or move and cut the files if needed. Is there anything that is not only a command line editor?

I think some of the files could be encrypted, so some video editors might not play them. I used Avid Studio (now owned by Corel as Pinnacle Studio) and it won't recognize the video or audio.

Free or pay is ok.

Thanks.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Originally Posted by SyncroScales View Post
    Hi.

I was on youtube and downloaded some files using Internet Download Manager and EagleGet. Sometimes IDM turns a video file on youtube into an MKV file (usually with Chrome browsers). IDM combines the separate audio and video streams. I noticed in EagleGet that sometimes I can download Audio and Video separately. As webm or mp4 files (usually). When IDM makes MKV files, they are very noticeably smaller/compressed than the mp4 and/or webm files. I don't know what settings IDM would use on the output files. I cannot adjust them myself.

Is there a program to combine the mp4 and/or webm audio and video files? Is this called muxing?

I could use the command line prompt programs suggested by EagleGet. I am unsure if the quality is good and it does not seem that I can adjust any settings.

I would prefer a video editing program that I can visually see the video and audio files on a timeline and be able to adjust the options/values or move and cut the files if needed. Is there anything that is not only a command line editor?

I think some of the files could be encrypted, so some video editors might not play them. I used Avid Studio (now owned by Corel as Pinnacle Studio) and it won't recognize the video or audio.

Free or pay is ok.

Thanks.
    hi

Code:
    ffmpeg -i video.mp4 -i audio.webm -c copy video-audio.mp4
    Quote Quote  
  3. biezom, thanks for the ffmpeg suggestion. But I figured out a fix for my current situation.

I will use the Firefox browser since the video files I want to download are available when using IDM. EagleGet is offering the same options in Firefox, it is fairly consistant. But I will save myself combining clips and being unsure about what settings take effect while using Chrome and IDM which converts the files into MKV files instead of leaving them as mp4 files.

Using Windows XP also works sometimes, but that is not the best idea since it is no longer supported.

My other question is, are there any visual editors that would allow me to combine the separate audio and video files? Similar to ffmpeg or mp4box, etc but not the command lines? Is it the same?

Thanks.
    Quote Quote