VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Over the weekend, I taped HD video for my kids playing in the park.
    While editing video by Adobe Premiere Elements 11, I would like to add animated cartoon to my video to enhance the fun memory. However, there's only limited cartoon animation available in APE11. If I need more specific cartoon animation like adding Winnie-the-poh walking in the playground to greet the kids, what is the less trouble way to achieve my target with this entry level video editing software ?
    Is there any web site that sells animated cartoon for video ? or any software to custom made cartoon animation ?

Thanks.
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    Why are you cross posting?
    Never mind....someone beat me to it.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Likely, I made mistake to press twice.... sorry.
    Quote Quote  
  4. You need to composite the cartoon into your video, by placing it in an overlay track.

So the easiest way is to have the cartoon already isolated with alpha channel (transparency) . This means the only the cartoon characters are visible, the background is "transparent"

I don't know of any websites that sell this sort of thing, but use those search terms cartoon with "alpha channel", or "matte", or "transparency"

There are lots of software to make cartoon animations, but your choice also depends on the type or style of animation you choose. Eitherway you're facing a learning curve. e.g. you might have a look at anime studio pro, blender, adobe flash, after effects
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    Interface isn't best suited for it, but you could use Blufftitler quite well (with transparency).

Synfig Studio could do a very good job of the animation, but to render you will have to do 1st pass normally and then do a 2nd, edited pass in hicon (="high contrast" aka 1bit/8bit) mode to create a transparency mask.

Scott
    Quote Quote