VideoHelp Forum

Try StreamFab Downloader and download from Netflix, Amazon, Youtube! Or Try DVDFab and copy Blu-rays! or rip iTunes movies!

Try StreamFab Downloader and download streaming video from Youtube, Netflix, Amazon! Download free trial.

+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I'm new to stream ripping and I have an HBOGO account. What tools do you recommend to be able to get a stream from here?
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    Really!!??

This kind of crap falls under the warez rules.

Scott
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    How is this "Warez" as I am recording a show that I subscribe to so I can watch it off-line at my pain in the arse mother in law's that has no internet because she's in the middle of nowhere?
    Quote Quote  
  4. You right, but HBOGO its rented services
    if see Terms of Use on the HBOGO website you not allowed to download, otherwise you breaking the copyright law
    We cant help you because HBO can files lawsuit against Videohelp for helping breaking the law
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    I ask only out of curiosity, as I don't capture any video streams myself.

What makes HBO any different from other streaming services I've seen people getting help with? I'm sure those other companies all have their own Terms of Service that prohibit "ripping". I'm all for fair use, so I'm not bashing doing these things. Just curious is all.
    -The Mang
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    I'm not in ripping or other unclear stuff, but when I try to get a video and if I can't find a solution, I search a good screen capture like Fraps, Bandicam or Camstudio for personal use.

On the web, I see that "Icecream Screen Recorder" is pretty popular.

If you see what I mean

anyway. good luck #chrispopp8, I've also had to deal with cases like this.
    Quote Quote  
  7. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by louv68 View Post
    I ask only out of curiosity, as I don't capture any video streams myself.

What makes HBO any different from other streaming services I've seen people getting help with? I'm sure those other companies all have their own Terms of Service that prohibit "ripping". I'm all for fair use, so I'm not bashing doing these things. Just curious is all.
    The difference is that the other websites do not require a subscription of any kind to access their content, and do not have terms of service that limit users to viewing. The right to record for the purpose of time-shifting doesn't apply to websites because the ability to watch at a convenient time is built into the service.

If the OP wanted to record scheduled HBO programming from his cable box or satellite receiver, we could help with that. He has the legal right to record HBO broadcasts from his paid TV service provider for the purpose of time-shifting because they may be aired only at times when watching them isn't possible.
    Quote Quote  
  8. And there's external circumstances too: a new member comes on and asks how to illegally rip off highly valuable and popular content from a company with big budgets and big lawyers, using anglicisms and claiming to be in the US, who can't think of an alternative to watching TV -- everything screams stay clear of this one.
    Quote Quote  
  9. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Perhaps I should have said "First time caller, long time listener"?

I've been a member of VideoHelp for years - back to 2000 when I got help in picking a DVD player (Phillips) that plays SVCD discs. Different email addresses because accounts come and go, ISPs change and divorce has a nasty way of dealing with things like hard drives and papers with login information saved.

I can understand the reservations about someone you don't know asking for assistance on something. It would be akin to a beautiful woman sending you a message on Facebook but she's living in Ghana but from Tampa and she has just joined Facebook. You automatically say "What the what?". So I get it.

What can I do to prove who I am on the other side of the screen? Tell you about a car accident on the Jane Byrne Interchange in Chicago? Or what the dew point was in Toledo yesterday? Or perhaps I should take a picture of myself in front of the local post office holding today's Daily Herald. However - those items can be found online with a few strokes of the keyboard. Quite simply, there's no way to prove that any of us are who we say we are. How do you know that the above poster is truly in the US? How do we not know that he's living in Montreal and eating Poutine while reading this response? We don't.

There's no test to prove who any of us are who we say we are without doing so in person and even then - how do you know who you are talking to is really who they say they are?

I guess at this point instead of becoming a ranting soccer mom at a PTA meeting, I should simply accept the fact that I will have to endure my mother in law's horrid accounts of her day at the Hy-Vee in DeKalb and how she was upset that she couldn't find the right cut of chicken.

I'll post then when I need help figuring out what type of HDMI cable I need or if there's a problem with my Xfinity service and I can't simply reset the box. I'll let you cool kids talk about the other stuff.
    Quote Quote  
Visit our sponsor! Try DVDFab and backup Blu-rays!