VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. I followed a guide where i tweaked some thing in order to send uncompressed audio to my receiver which in turn sends video to my TV and audio to Speakers. So I had laptop connected to receiver with hdmi, and then hdmi from Receiver to TV. My receiver got damaged and i temporarily need to connect laptop to TV directly. Doinf this gives me video but no audio. And i mean anywhere on Windows, not just when playing media files. I managed to get audio on files with mpc, by selecting mpc-renderer on the audio renderer settings, but cant do nothing on anywhere else.

Ideas, till i get a new receiver
    Quote Quote  
  2. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Try change the default playback device to the HDMI Output under the Sound settings in windows.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Thats what ive been doing. Theres 2 options. 2Chaneel speakers which are my laptops speakers. This option works but sound comes out of laptop and is poor. And Panasonic TV option which is where hdmi is outputing audio and video. When i go there, i can only have audio on the TV with mpc under mpc renderer and nowhere else.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    What guide? and what did you tweak?

Typically you just tweak the media player. It would appear you changed something in Windows.
    Google is your Friend
    Quote Quote  
  5. I really dont remember.

It was something about madVR and lav filters and tweaking things on mpc and ffdshow...

But i can get sound on my Samsung PC Monitor using it as external, i just cant get on my Panasonic TV, unless i use the mpc audio renderer
    Quote Quote  
  6. I finally fixed this. Had to uninstall the drivers from the device shows as "Panasonic TV", i rebooted, reconnected the TV, audio drivers got reinstalled properly into the system and audio comes out from there naturally.

It seems that the AVR redirected video as passthrough and so it had the TVs name, so Panasonic TV must have somehow been setup as something of multichannel uncompressed.

->How do i figure out if my TVs speakers are Full Range speakers so i can set this option on the audio dialo menu
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Full Range = the speaker(s) play the full frequency range (ie: all of the audio).
    Google is your Friend
    Quote Quote  
  8. The TV has stereo speakers, one left, one right. Full range means that Right acts as Front-Right+Surround Right+Center+LFE and respectively for left? So if Full range is not set, the surround information, center and Low frequency channels are lost?
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    "Full range" has nothing to do with surround sound. It simply means a single speaker plays the entire signal (ie: from the highs all the way down to the low).

>> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Full-range_speaker

For stereo, that means the left speaker plays the left channel audio and the right speaker plays the right channel audio.
    Google is your Friend
    Quote Quote