VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search PM
    Writing from South Africa one cant purchase CD or DVD recorders due to copyright restrictions.
    Be that as it may i have an old DVD LG recorder DR389 which i took out of storage.
    I wish to know whether i can record the music from a DVD using a DVD player and copy it to
    a CD in my DVD recorder.When i insert a CD it is rejected with the message "unknown disk".
    If that is not possible how can i transfer the music to a CD.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    If you can play a DVD on your computer then the easiest way would be to rip the DVD to your hard drive then using any number of available software programs convert the audio track to wav format and then burn a CD on your computer.
    SONY 75" Full array 200Hz LED TV, Yamaha A1070 amp, Zidoo UHD3000, BeyonWiz PVR V2 (Enigma2 clone), Chromecast, Windows 11 Professional, QNAP NAS TS851
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    Don't forget to sample rate convert from 48kHz to 44.1kHz during the conversion. And adjust for downmixing
    when necessary.

Scott
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    Dupe...
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Very few DVDRs recorded to CD and of those that did I believe most(if not all) recorded in the VCD format or video on a CD, I don't believe any recorded in the standard CD audio format(I could stand to be corrected though).
    I know Liteon DVDRs among others recorded to CD, but again I only believe in the VCD or SVCD format.
    Quote Quote  
  6. Just to confirm, some of the Liteons (Allwrite models) do record in CDA format. I've done a few projects from VHS to CDA.
    Quote Quote  
  7. Two cents from me - use lowest possible to set manually write speed for reliable playout in future.
    Quote Quote  
  8. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by pandy View Post
    Two cents from me - use lowest possible to set manually write speed for reliable playout in future.
    Unfortunately most standalone DVDRs don't allow you to set the burn speed, they burn at whatever they burn at. Panasonic does have an option on some of their DVDRs w/HDD called silent which they say makes the burning process quieter. Well it does and by slowing down the burn speed to ~4x which I always enable. On my PCs I pretty much always burn at half the rated speed for the disc, IOW if it's a 8x DVD I burn at 6x, if it's 16x I burn at 8x, hoping to get a better burn and for the most part I get good burns, time will tell for the longevity....
    Quote Quote