VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hi

I'm recoding in 1440p (1920 x 1440) with my GoPro so that I can "tilt" up and down during editing and output to 1080p. The highest framerate on my Gopro in this mode is 48fps. If I output to 24fps, slowmotion will be smooth and all is good. At least that's what I thought.
    But the end result is not good. There is a stutter, dropped frames or something that makes the video look far more shaky than it actually is.
    If i export to 30fps the video looks much better. This does not make any sense to me, it should be the other way around.

The MP4 files from the Gopro is converted to AVI with GoPro Studio, and then edited in Adobe Premiere Elements 13,1. Project settings in PRE is DSLR 1080p24 (23,976).
    Quote Quote  
  2. Banned
    Search PM
    Why not go straight to Premiere Elements?

Premiere Pro supports GoPro's CineForm not sure about Elements.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Well GoPro tell you to convert the files before editing. If I have understood it correctly, CineForm is what you get after this conversion.

http://gopro.com/support/articles/why-does-gopro-studio-convert-file-to-the-gopro-cineform-format
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    GoPro cameras shoot in H264. Cineform is Mpeg2. Try AviDemux on the H264 file, keeping it in the native format, and see what happens.

Then take it into GoPro Studio and convert to Cineform.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Banned
    Search PM
    Originally Posted by Jone.T View Post
    But the end result is not good. There is a stutter, dropped frames or something that makes the video look far more shaky than it actually is.
    What do you mean by end result?

You have an original GoPro 48fps file, you convert that to AVI 48fps then you import in Premiere and then you render it 48fps in what format?

Then in which video player does it stutter?
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search Comp PM
    The "end result" is H264 from Premiere Elements. But it turns out that there is something with the actual computer I'm using and it was probably a coincidence that made 30fps look more fluent. Both 24fps and 30fps look fluent on a different computer. I will reinstall Windows 7 or Windows 10 and the problems will surely go away. Sorry I didn't check better before bothering you guys.

I don't think it is possible to output 48fps from PRE?

About Cineform, isn't it a bit stupid to go from H264 to mpeg2 and then back to H264?
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Well, Cineform is not so much compressed, and easier to edit with. There's nothing wrong with Mpeg2.
    Quote Quote