VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. I'm using tsMuxeR to mux an m2ts file from the STREAM folder of a Blu-ray folder I authored with BD-Rebuilder into another Blu-ray folder. I'm doing this because BD-Rebuilder gives me no control over the subtitles. I BD-Rebuilder to author the Blu-ray from non-Blu-ray compliant files, then use tsMuxeR to create the final Blu-ray with the subtitle size, offset, etc, adjusted to my liking. I've already done with multiple times, without a hitch.

But now, with my latest Blu-ray project, tsMuxeR always stops at 47.4% and gives the following error:

Reading buffer overflow. Possible container streams are not syncronized. Please, verify stream fps
    I've never had this problem before, and have no idea how to fix it.
    Quote Quote  
  2. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Maybe try an older version of tsmuxer?

Or try use something else instead of bdrebuilder like bdtoavchd. I think you can add subtitles directly in it.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Try Clown_BD (an eac3to front end).

I've seen that a couple of times. I can't say for certain, but I suspect an issue with DTS-MA (and I have the Arcsoft DTS decoder). On those problematic discs, the Clown_BD log listed something like "sync byte discontinuity" or "sync byte missing", but eac3to has always been able to fix it.

Then use tsMuxer. Worth a shot anyway, and if that doesn't fix it, you can be fairly sure you've eliminated audio as a possible issue. Good luck.
    Pull! Bang! Darn!
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by hbenthow View Post
    I BD-Rebuilder to author the Blu-ray from non-Blu-ray compliant files

Non compliant files may cause that error in tsmuxer. This is especially true if you ever had the file as a MKV with TrueHD audio. Muxing it as a MKV will strip the ac3 core from the TrueHD. tsmuxer expects the core to be part of the TrueHD to be Blu-ray compliant and it will fail. Thats why its a bad idea to use MKV if you ever want to remux back to Blu-ray.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Originally Posted by Baldrick View Post
    Maybe try an older version of tsmuxer?

Or try use something else instead of bdrebuilder like bdtoavchd. I think you can add subtitles directly in it.
    If nothing else works, I might have to try that. I can't do the re-encoding on just any day, since it takes so much of my computer's resources that I have to plan ahead.

Originally Posted by fritzi93 View Post
    Try Clown_BD (an eac3to front end).

I've seen that a couple of times. I can't say for certain, but I suspect an issue with DTS-MA (and I have the Arcsoft DTS decoder). On those problematic discs, the Clown_BD log listed something like "sync byte discontinuity" or "sync byte missing", but eac3to has always been able to fix it.

Then use tsMuxer. Worth a shot anyway, and if that doesn't fix it, you can be fairly sure you've eliminated audio as a possible issue. Good luck.
    I'm trying Clown-BD right now. I'll report back with the results.

Originally Posted by Vidd View Post
    Non compliant files may cause that error in tsmuxer. This is especially true if you ever had the file as a MKV with TrueHD audio. Muxing it as a MKV will strip the ac3 core from the TrueHD. tsmuxer expects the core to be part of the TrueHD to be Blu-ray compliant and it will fail. Thats why its a bad idea to use MKV if you ever want to remux back to Blu-ray.
    I don't think you understand what I've been doing. Here's how I do it, step by step:

1. Take a non-compliant (due to aspect ratio) HD video file (usually MKV) and convert it into a Blu-ray folder with BD-Rebuilder. This fully converts the video so that it is Blu-ray compliant.

2. Use tsMuxer to convert the m2ts file in the STREAM folder of the Blu-ray folder created by BD-Rebuilder into a second Blu-ray, using the tsMuxer settings to adjust the subtitles (which I import separately into tsMuxeR as an SRT. file) and the chapters to my liking.
    Quote Quote  
  6. Well, I used Clown-BD, then ran the resulting file through tsMuxeR. I got the exact same result. It stopped at 47.4% and gave me the exact same error as before.
    Quote Quote  
  7. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by Vidd View Post
    I'm not saying you're wrong as I don't know one way or another, but since you're making this claim, do you happen to know why some MKV muxing program would just strip out the AC3 core? WTH? If I tell a program that creates MKV that I want to mux audio A and video B I mean that I want audio A and video B as they are, not audio A minus some stuff that they think I don't need. There's no reason for the core file to be removed and without it, I'm not sure if the remaining audio can even be decoded correctly. So WTH is going on here?
    Quote Quote  
  8. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by jman98 View Post

I'm not saying you're wrong as I don't know one way or another, but since you're making this claim, do you happen to know why some MKV muxing program would just strip out the AC3 core? WTH? If I tell a program that creates MKV that I want to mux audio A and video B I mean that I want audio A and video B as they are, not audio A minus some stuff that they think I don't need. There's no reason for the core file to be removed and without it, I'm not sure if the remaining audio can even be decoded correctly. So WTH is going on here?
    Here is a link to Mosu (MKVToolNix author) post about the stripped core:

http://forum.doom9.org/showthread.php?p=1376239#post1376239
    Quote Quote  
  9. Originally Posted by hbenthow View Post
    I'm using tsMuxeR to mux an m2ts file from the STREAM folder of a Blu-ray folder I authored with BD-Rebuilder into another Blu-ray folder. I'm doing this because BD-Rebuilder gives me no control over the subtitles. I BD-Rebuilder to author the Blu-ray from non-Blu-ray compliant files, then use tsMuxeR to create the final Blu-ray with the subtitle size, offset, etc, adjusted to my liking. I've already done with multiple times, without a hitch.

But now, with my latest Blu-ray project, tsMuxeR always stops at 47.4% and gives the following error:

Reading buffer overflow. Possible container streams are not syncronized. Please, verify stream fps
    I've never had this problem before, and have no idea how to fix it.
    Did you resolve the problem?

When you say "non Blu-Ray compliant files", that could mean any number of things. Anyway, as per the error message, did you verify the fps in tsMuxer? Click on the video stream and look at the fps. It's possible tsMuxer isn't detecting it correctly and it needs to be changed. If the original was, say, a buggered (incompetently encoded, cropped) downloaded MKV, you might need to change fps, most likely to 24000/1001 (23.976).
    Pull! Bang! Darn!
    Quote Quote  
  10. Originally Posted by fritzi93 View Post
    Did you resolve the problem?
    No.

When you say "non Blu-Ray compliant files", that could mean any number of things.
    1080p MKV files with non-Blu-ray compliant aspect ratios like 1920 x 804. I use BD-Rebuilder to convert them into a Blu-ray folder with the correct aspect ratio (1920 x 1080).

Anyway, as per the error message, did you verify the fps in tsMuxer? Click on the video stream and look at the fps. It's possible tsMuxer isn't detecting it correctly and it needs to be changed. If the original was, say, a buggered (incompetently encoded, cropped) downloaded MKV, you might need to change fps, most likely to 24000/1001 (23.976).
    tsMuxeR says 24000/1001. I also checked the m2ts file with MediaInfo, and it says 23.976 fps.
    Quote Quote  
  11. Well, I converted the MKV to a Blu-ray folder again, this time using AVCHDCoder. When I ran the new m2ts file through tsMuxeR, I got the same error, except that it was at 47.3% instead of 47.4.
    Quote Quote  
  12. Does the process complete in tsMuxer if you leave out the subs? If so, that would suggest a problem with the subs, obviously.

If not, are you willing to try Clown_BD again? This time have it extract the core or re-encode the audio to 640 kbps AC3. I'm still not convinced the problem does not lie in the audio.

Good luck.
    Pull! Bang! Darn!
    Quote Quote  
  13. I'm a Super Moderator johns0's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Easiest way to see if the audio is the issue is to remux the m2ts through tsmuxer and uncheck the audio before muxing.
    I think,therefore i am a hamster.
    Quote Quote  
Visit our sponsor! Try DVDFab and backup Blu-rays!