VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2
FirstFirst 1 2
Thread
    Search Comp PM
    Since you quoted my post TWICE I will answer but just once.

That is what avstodvd does. It creates a standard dvd that, as long as you set it for NTSC, will play in most or any stand-alone NTSC players. Only some ancient players will not accept either +R or -R disks.

Never used dvdstyler but that also does exactly the same. But that does come with ad-ware so care is required when installing. avstodvd is a clean install and, more so, is well supported on this forum by the author of the program.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by DB83 View Post
    Since you quoted my post TWICE I will answer but just once.

That is what avstodvd does. It creates a standard dvd that, as long as you set it for NTSC, will play in most or any stand-alone NTSC players. Only some ancient players will not accept either +R or -R disks.

Never used dvdstyler but that also does exactly the same. But that does come with ad-ware so care is required when installing. avstodvd is a clean install and, more so, is well supported on this forum by the author of the program.

Thanks...
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by DB83 View Post
    " with a software already on Acer Laptop"

is not the most helpful statement you can make. What is the name of this software ?

Even so, I would not use it. Echo above comments and install avstodvd to author the dvd and imgburn to do the burning.

I attempted to begin using avstodvd today, it said Avisynth was not installed, some formats will not work. I looked on avisynth web site
    for latest version, it says 2.60 or 2.60 rev 2. Down loaded it, but the version says 2.50. Avstodvd once opened again, and I get a different
    screen that says I have 2.50 instead and avstodvd may not use all the formats with 2.50 ? What gives? Any ideas ????
    Thanks...
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    It may be better to post this Q. in the avstodvd support thread.

I have an old version (2.40) installed and AFAIK it came with avisynth (I have never installed it on its own) - the site's write up also mentions that it comes with avisynth. Actually, my version of avisynth , according to the folder is 2.50

I would guess that later versions do not have support for all the plug-ins that avstodvd might use.

You should be able to download version 2.5 direct from this site. Just follow the hyper-link as created and look for 'older versions'
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    yeah I will post to the other thread you suggested. If I have to use 2.50 I guess its better than nothing at all.
    Thanks again.
    Quote Quote  
Visit our sponsor! Try DVDFab and backup Blu-rays!