VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Hello.
    Does someone nows what is the name of software (or any specific term or word to find it) that convert regular 2d images to 3d Stereoscopic SBS (side by side)?

---
    (It exist, I am sure,

because I see found this pictures: (warning adult material) http://g.e-hentai.org/g/497189/8cbe5fb9df/
    (the uploader say he convert himself and there´s 2 comenters saying they now how to do even better, but no one ofthem anwser my private mesages there. Also I now the company that make the priginal picutes: they are in regular 2D.))
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    There is NO software that converts regular 2D into 3D (whether SbS or any other kind) - successfully & well & automatically. It can do it using stupid height/horizon/perspective algorithms, or using side motion (if moving image), or using more complicated/smart object pattern matching, but even then it is likely to look unrealistic.

No, the way the pros do this is MANUALLY!
    They go through each image in a movie (or use THE image in a still) and select various objects (roto) and mask them, separating them into layers. They create 2 copies - one for L and one for R. Then they adjust one or both of the L/R corresponding layers horizontally (-in different directions to give them binocular disparity = depth). Then they fill-in the holes for each layer, then composite/flatten. Once the image's depth is created, they align & format them for the desired 3D layout.

This can be done with any image editor that has roto/mask, layer, painting & compositing capability. My preference would be Photoshop, but you could probably do it with Gimp, Paint.net, PSP, etc.

Scott

*NOTE: As mentioned in the comments of that page, there is little to NO depth in those images. AKA, not real 3D! Likely the person creating those did not know what they were doing and decided to just duplicate the image and place the dupe beside the original and call it "3D". Nobody is fooled by such a lame tactic (well, almost nobody ).
    Quote Quote  
Visit our sponsor! Try DVDFab and backup Blu-rays!