VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Hi all,

Is there any way to convert multiple internet audio streams to mp3?

I've come across some software that records what is coming out of my speakers, but I want to convert 3 or 4 streams in one go.

If I could include a start and stop time, that would be great.

Thanks
    Melt
    Last edited by Meltdown; 14th Feb 2015 at 17:23.
    Quote Quote  
  2. It's probably better in general to attempt to download them, and then cut/edit them losslessly

When you record what comes out of your speakers, it will be decoded and uncompressed audio - larger filesizes. When you recompress it with lossy compression eg. MP3, AAC etc... you will lose quality

It also depends on the type of internet audio and interface of how it's being "streamed", so if you provide an example of the website or URL it would help

If you don't care, you can batch convert with an audio converter like taudioconverter
    http://sourceforge.net/projects/taudioconverter/
    Quote Quote  
  3. foobar2000 will batch convert and it'll convert as many simultaneously as you have CPU cores. Just load the files into a playlist, highlight them all, right click and convert. Foobar2000 has presets for converting to MP3 or you can create your own. The presets are for variable bitrate MP3. If you want constant bitrate for some reason, you'd need to create a custom encoder configuration and set it up yourself. It's not hard and it should make sense when you're looking at it, but a constant bitrate converter preset might look like this.

Click image for larger version

Name:	foobar2000 mp3.gif
Views:	214
Size:	13.2 KB
ID:	30274

You'll probably need to download the LAME MP3 encoder yourself and the first time you try to convert to MP3, foobar2000 will ask you where it's located.

For editing the MP3s you can do so losslessly with MP3DirectCut. It might be easier to edit after they're encoded rather than specify individual start and end points for each file before encoding.
    Quote Quote  
Visit our sponsor! Try DVDFab and backup Blu-rays!