VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. I use DVD Styler to make my DVDs, and I've never had a problem before. I was making a custom DVD of a already released movie (The Adventures of Elmo in Grouchland); I used my personal copy of the DVD to rip the 2 special features I wanted, and used a HDTV capture for the actual movie (the capture is a raw MPEG-TS file). The 2 special features, which are VOB files ripped directly from the DVD using DVD Decrypter, show no signs of blended frames. I went frame by frame in VLC on the final disc, and only the movie has these frames. The original source doesn't have them either. The audio for the movie on the final disc seems extremely compressed; way more compressed than the special features sound. Is it the fact that DVD Styler doesn't have to encode the special features, but it does have to encode the movie, so there's a quality difference? Is there a better program for this? I'm only using 1 really simple menu on the disc, so if it can add text and buttons, I can probably use it. I would just watch the retail DVD, but it's cropped to full screen, and no widescreen DVD exists in Region 1 format. I've included samples of the final DVD and the raw HDTV capture below. Any help would be very much appreciated!
    Image Attached Files
    Quote Quote  
  2. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    You could try avstodvd with hcenc.

I let the experts watch the sample and source...
    Quote Quote  
  3. The source TS is hard telecined film, encoded interlaced. It needs to be inverse telecined, converted from rec.709 to rec.601, resized to SD, then encoded progressive with 3:2 pulldown flags for DVD. Example attached.

I have no idea how to get DVD Styler to do this. I used AviSynth and HCGui.
    Image Attached Files
    Last edited by jagabo; 12th Feb 2015 at 19:52.
    Quote Quote  
Visit our sponsor! Try DVDFab and backup Blu-rays!