VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
    Search Comp PM
    You can get I/O errors because:
    1. Burner firmware is out of date
    2. Burner is dying
    3. Burner doesn't like the media you are using - try another make - Verbatim is usually reliable try a DVD RW disk.
    4. Update your version of imgburn. NB ver 2.5.7.0 is the last free version not bundled with adware.

Having had several instances of sudden I/0 burn errors when using Imgburn ver 2.5.7.0 on Optiarc on an old XP and a much newer Hitachi DVD on Win 7, I stumbled across this which might work for you:

1. Close imgburn and eject any disks.

2. Restart your computer.

3. Once booted open up task manager or activity monitor on mac.

4. Close all other unnecessary programs, I.E. Itunes, limewire, Winpatrol etc.

5. Close all unnecessary processes. Such as itunes helper, and all other non - system processes.

6. Open ImgBurn and Insert your DVD-R. (Keep task manager or activity monitor open)

7. Find ImgBurn in 'Processes' tab on the task manager and right click. Then go to Set Priority ---> High.

8. After doing that you should be all set to burn your iso or whatever.

NB: This Must Be Repeated Every time You Encounter an I/O Error. Also check the priority is set to high if you do more than one burn.

Note: Cccasionally I have found that processes running in the background (like Winpatrol) may cause burn interrupts which result in write Imgburn errors. Doesn't always, but you can temporarily close Winpatrol while you burn.
    Last edited by bahjan; 3rd May 2015 at 07:25.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    Thanks for the information. Is this because of ra usage or power?

Sent from my HTC Ruby using Tapatalk 2
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Never got I/O error in all my years on all different hardware and media.
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    Never had any kind of ImgBurn error in my life.....and 2 out of 3 of my DVD burners are 10 years old....NEVER updated firmware on my present LG burners (4167B, H58N).
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Oh wow. Talk about self-promotion. Dig up a 4 month-old thread to link to another.

If you are gonna run a whole lot of background programs, even connected to the net, when you burn, you are asking for trouble.

No 'fix' here. Just common sense.
    Quote Quote  
Visit our sponsor! Try DVDFab and backup Blu-rays!