VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search PM
    Hi,

I am looking for a sound recording software that supports video preview that supports external subtitles like *.srt.

I tried sony's sound forge 11 as well as adobe's audition that they both support video previews but not extrernal subtitles.

I need that feature because I want to make a video narration according the subtitles of that video.

Any recommendations ?

PS : I dont want a solution with embeded subtitles inside the video because it takes time to re-compress any time I need a tiny changes in my subtitles.

Best Regards,
    Quote Quote  
  2. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Can't you play the video with any player like mpchc and record with soundforge at the same time? Edit the audio after so it starts at correct time.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search PM
    Thanks for the reply but this method have sync problems. This will be my last option. I dont like it at all.

Regards,
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    You need an NLE (video+audio editor), not an audio editor.

Scott
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search PM
    Thanx for the reply.

Yes a NLE video editor will do the job, but really is not a very convince way to do that, since the main purpose here is the sound recording which is much lighter procedure than a video edit.

Anyway its very pitty that adobe audition or sound forge does not offer such an option. Its not a big deal !

I have found a solution, using "****os" Reaper and an SWS / S&M extension. In this extention there is a sub-app called "notes". In this sub-app I can load *.srt files that sync with my video.

This extention is free and you can download it at : http://sws.mj-s.com/
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    No, an NLE seems like the MOST "convincing" and appropriate way to do that. And this plug, nice and free as it is, seems like an attempt at SPAM.

"Oh look, I have a problem nobody can fix!"
    "Oh look, I fixed my own problem using THIS LINK!"

Scott
    Quote Quote  
  7. Member
    Search PM
    Originally Posted by Cornucopia View Post
    No, an NLE seems like the MOST "convincing" and appropriate way to do that. And this plug, nice and free as it is, seems like an attempt at SPAM.

"Oh look, I have a problem nobody can fix!"
    "Oh look, I fixed my own problem using THIS LINK!"

Scott
    Are you sure that Adobe Premier or any other semi or full professional apps supports external subtitles files ? I am running Win7 32-bit system and as I know the latest releases are only supports 64 bits cpus.

As you can imagine my recording studio is builded for sound recording, and is not optimized for NLE video editors.

Regards,
    Quote Quote  
  8. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Repear with the plugin sounds like a very good solution. Better than any NLE.
    Quote Quote  
  9. Member
    Search PM
    Originally Posted by Baldrick View Post
    Repear with the plugin sounds like a very good solution. Better than any NLE.
    I absolutly agree with you !

Quote Quote  
Visit our sponsor! Try DVDFab and backup Blu-rays!