VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5
FirstFirst ... 3 4 5
Thread
  1. This last bit could make all the difference since I am used to highlighting the first vob for use in AGK. Thanks for this detail. I'm going to print the guide to paper to have as a by-the-keyboard reference.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Success.

I followed the guide and the disc loads into my stand alone and quite old Sony dvd player.
    The audio sync seems ok but I am still proofing it.

Thanks to all who participated in this.

The guide here is quite crucial to someone like myself who cannot follow all the in-s and outs of Imgburn.

But the original thread was about mp4 and that was file type finally used to begin the AVStoDVD
    project to conclusion. I will report back if I see any any reason to return to the topic.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Glad to read this

Indeed that was the topic title and I firmly believe that, if this is now in sync it is due to the re-encoding of the audio in handbrake rather than non-encoding of the audio in avstodvd (from the .ts). Of course, avstodvd had to re-encode both video and audio from that mp4
    Quote Quote  
  4. Banned
    Search PM
    Originally Posted by loninappleton View Post
    Success.

I followed the guide and the disc loads into my stand alone and quite old Sony dvd player.
    The audio sync seems ok but I am still proofing it.

Thanks to all who participated in this.

The guide here is quite crucial to someone like myself who cannot follow all the in-s and outs of Imgburn.

But the original thread was about mp4 and that was file type finally used to begin the AVStoDVD
    project to conclusion. I will report back if I see any any reason to return to the topic.
    Probably in one to two years we will hear from you back:

"I had an 2 1/2 hour 1080i 5850 kbps source that I insisted on decimating to a DVD5, I threw away the source and now I want to upscale my DVD5 to HD how do I do that?"

Oh well, for sure I must be from another planet!

Quote Quote  
  5. And we avoided the b-word. Gratitude for that as well.

To review all these steps would be a good idea.

The original content was a .ts made from a tv show

The huge file from that was re-encoded by me into Handbrake (I have another handbrake question on subtitles pending)

The mp4 was put through AVStoDVD as a file folder not dvd output which produced a folder called,
    in my case DVD-7.

From there I used the guide to get the DVD_7 whole folder into Imgburn and follow the
    guide steps.

If I wanted to use AVStoDVD to spruce this up with a menu, which of the files/folders could be used to _add_ this . Or does it have to be done from scratch? I understand a fresh disc is needed to do this.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    ^^ There was a similar question asked in a topic only a few days ago.

The answer is >> No. You must start from scratch if you want to add a menu to this dvd.
    Quote Quote  
  7. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I used my Nero for DVD creation with menus for many years... but found the free open source "DVDStyler" to be easier to created menus than NERO. Works very well and is extremely easy to create new menus, Template need a bit of play to find proper directory to store them... overall, this has replaced Nero for creation of DVDs menus for me. I simply do not recommend commercial software like AVS and Nero when good open source is available... "DVDStyler" works well and should be one of the first choices for newbies.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	11.jpg
Views:	134
Size:	340.3 KB
ID:	31648
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    morganfj

You are on course to get banned from these forums very quickly.
    Quote Quote  
Visit our sponsor! Try DVDFab and backup Blu-rays!