VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Hello,

I have a movie splitted in two blu-ray discs riped to iso and the same movie in MKV format.

I want to use the bluray's video and english audio and the mkv's french audio.

The problem is when I remux the video and english audio in one new blu-ray folder with TsMuxer, the second part of the movie
    is out of sync.

When I remux blurays to a MKV file, there is no synchronization problem, but, of course, I would prefer to have the movie in blu-ray format.

Any ideas?
    Quote Quote  
  2. It' not unusual for the video and audio stream lengths to be slightly different. This is a problem when trying to join a Blu-Ray movie split to two discs, like the LoTR extended editions. Unless you truncate the end of the first half slightly, the second half will have audio/video out-of-sync, just as you describe.

One easy way to fix it is to run the first half through Clown_BD and cut off the last second, then join the two halves in tsMuxer.

The added difficulty in your case is in remuxing the French audio from an MKV. It's pretty certain the MKV was manipulated in a similar way, i.e. the first half of the Blu-Ray movie-only video/audio was slightly truncated before joining the second half, then put into MKV container. Just to further complicate things, it may be that the second half was truncated as well.

All I can advise is that you compare the total run-times and see if you can figure out how the MKV was made. It may be that it was done using the method outlined above, with Clown_BD.

I hope that helped.

Just another note:
    Use the latest version of tsMuxer to join the files. Use the playlist (*.mpls) files as inputs. That way you'll preserve the chapter timings, and it will automatically recalculate the second half timings for you. If you use an old version of tsMuxer, or if you use the *.m2ts files as inputs, you'll have to manually enter the chapter timings.
    Pull! Bang! Darn!
    Quote Quote  
Visit our sponsor! Try DVDFab and backup Blu-rays!