VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Hi all.

We have been learning how to live stream rehearsals for a Jazz Trio.
    We started with a cheap camera solution, MS Lifecam Studio, Adobe
    Live Media Encoder on a Gateway Desktop with 4 CPUS and 4 gig
    memory. We are taking the audio out of Pro Tools into a USB audio
    interface on the Gateway.

We streamed a 3 hour rehearsal non stop yesterday and by the end
    the audio and video were a second or 2 out of sync. I had not observed
    this issue with 1 hour or 2 hour streams/recordings with this setup.

Any advice for a solution?
    Thanks
    Mike
    Quote Quote  
  2. Are you seeing the lag at the source or is someone reporting this error from a remote location?

Try using telestream instead of Adobe. There's a free version available for YouTube IIRC.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Thanks
    We saw the lag watching the recording that You Tube does of the live stream.
    Mike
    Quote Quote  
  4. Originally Posted by Blackwell99 View Post
    Thanks
    Mike
    A downloaded copy or directly off YouTube? What I'm getting at is that it's very likely the sync is being thrown off by bandwith/streaming problems on the viewing end rather than sync problems on the upload/capture side. If that's the case there's not much you can do except buy everyone in the world a faster internet connection.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Originally Posted by smrpix View Post
    Originally Posted by Blackwell99 View Post
    Thanks
    Mike
    A downloaded copy or directly off YouTube? What I'm getting at is that it's very likely the sync is being thrown off by bandwith/streaming problems on the viewing end rather than sync problems on the upload/capture side. If that's the case there's not much you can do except buy everyone in the world a faster internet connection.
    Watched streaming via You Tube. I downloaded the copy they made and have to check it.
    Quote Quote  
  6. The copy I downloaded from You Tube is out of sync as well.
    Quote Quote  
Visit our sponsor! Try DVDFab and backup Blu-rays!