VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Hello all, happy holidays, I'm here because I need help configuring my NVIDIA GeForce 6150SE nForce 430 video card so I can view it on my Panasonic Viera 50" Class 1080p LED HDTV.

I can currently connect my eMachine EL1352G running windows vista home premium to my HDTV via VGA-to-HDMI cable. And the TV says it detects HDMI cable when it's on HDMI input 1 which is where my cable being ran from the PC to TV is connected. But no picture is displayed.

So I assume I have to configure the video card using the PC monitor first before I can plug it into the TV? But not sure how. Can anyone help me with this setup? Help will be much appreciated, and thanks in advance.

P.S. After I go into the NVIDIA control panel and click on my display is not shown in the list of monitors, I click the rigorous display detection and then it says no other display found if your positive that it's connected click yes and forced tv detection will be checked. So I click yes and then I see forced TV detection is on and so then I restart my computer from stat menu, because if I click ok out of that menu and click back into the I don't see my display option that force tv detection gets unticked somehow. And then when it restarts and I plug my monitor back in to see what I'm doing it shows Panasonic-TV as the only monitor. But nothing is shown on the TV still. (This is all being done with my other connection setup which is a VGA-to-DVI adapter, connected to a DVI-to-HDMI cable.) I can try doing this with my VGA to HDMI cable as soon as I'm back from work. Thanks again for any help.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Any feed is appreciated. Thank you in advance
    Quote Quote  
  3. ... Please help anyone.
    Quote Quote  
  4. I'm a Super Moderator johns0's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Please don't bump your thread so fast,wait a couple days before asking for more help.
    I think,therefore i am a hamster.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Ok thanks, sorry
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Several things to note here:

You can NOT use a simple "VGA to HDMI" cable. VGA is an analog signal, HDMI is digital. You need an active converter to convert the analog signal into a digital signal. An active converter will also have audio inputs so the audio can also be passed by the HDMI into the TV.

Depending on the TV, the resolution configured on the PC will likely need to be a standard TV resolution (ie: 480P, 720P, 1080P @ 60hz).
    Google is your Friend
    Quote Quote  
  7. Thanks for the feed Krispy. I changed the refresh rate because I changed the resolution to a custom resolution of 1920x1080 60hz

It was 75hz. I still can get the tv to display any picture. I think I have to buy a new graphics or video card that has HDMI on it so I don't have to do any conversions. Because the the VGA is currently onboard not in PCI.

I got the NVIDIA control panel to recognize the Panasonic TV but can't get it to display a picture. And I have the resolution at the one above and 60hz. So idk.
    Quote Quote  
Visit our sponsor! Try DVDFab and backup Blu-rays!