VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. I really like the iTunes interface for movies. It's clean, easy to use, etc. However, iTunes doesn't support mkv files, and I'd rather not remux them to mp4 (I'd rather not use mp4 unless I'm watching my movies on my iPad). Is there some software out there that can organize my library of blu ray rips, and play them? There's so many for things like music and ebooks, but I can't find something like those for movies.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Mod Neophyte Super Moderator redwudz's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Maybe better would be to find an alternative for iTunes.

But others here may have some better advice.

And welcome to our forums.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Sorry, maybe I should clarify a bit more

I want an alternative, yes, but I want one that can organize and play them. By that I mean that I can edit tags, sort by tags, etc., but also organizes the movies in a folder. Basically, just check out the "iTunes media" folder, and you'll know what I mean. Also, I want to be able to play the movie right from the program, instead of going into Windows explorer. Stuff like Ant Movie Catalog don't really do that.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Um, the Matroska Tag Specs aren't actually finished yet, so any program that claims to "edit" mkv tags is a crock...

In fact very little of the matroska specs have been finalised, so you're not going to find a nicely packaged program to handle them, you'll need something more generic which uses external xml Metadata...
    Quote Quote  
  5. So, am I better off just using Windows Explorer, or should I keep searching?
    Quote Quote  
  6. DECEASED
    Search Comp PM
    Ever given a try to JRiver Media Center

FWIW, that's what the author of LAV Filters (Hendrik Leppkes) recommends
    Quote Quote  
Visit our sponsor! Try DVDFab and backup Blu-rays!