VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. hi all

any idea how to rename/remove this
    Code:
     "Writing library : (c) 1997-2005 Womble Multimedia, Inc. / MPEG Video Wizard (06/2005)"
    tag in finished mpeg projects ?? is there any particular dll file in the Womble folder i need to edit/modify to solve the issue ??

thanks in advance
    Quote Quote  
  2. One way is to use restream on the elementary video to strip the user data (you have to demux first, use restream, then remux)

Another method is to use a hex editor
    Last edited by poisondeathray; 29th Nov 2014 at 20:06.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Originally Posted by poisondeathray View Post

Another method is to use a hex editor
    can you please show me how??

thanks very much bud
    Quote Quote  
  4. You just enter "0" (zeros) over those entries that start from "(c) Womble...". It's important to get the same number of characters exactly, or you will damage the file . If it's your first time with a hex editor, make a backup first . That might be a reason to use restream instead if you're not comfortable with a hex editor

It will look something like this

before
    Click image for larger version

Name:	before.jpg
Views:	330
Size:	64.7 KB
ID:	28904

after
    Click image for larger version

Name:	after.jpg
Views:	386
Size:	84.7 KB
ID:	28905
    Last edited by poisondeathray; 30th Nov 2014 at 01:10.
    Quote Quote  
  5. hi poisondeathray.

HDX, editor resulted in choppy playback, reckon i must of done something wrong, have no idea what though (first time user). So i tried restream like you suggested, output was near perfect!

Bud, do you know any other nifty tool that can get the job done without demuxing the media first or even better, is there any registry patch that prevents womble from tagging media whilst encoding???

Thank You
    Quote Quote  
Visit our sponsor! Try DVDFab and backup Blu-rays!