VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2
FirstFirst 1 2
Thread
  1. Deceased
    Search PM
    No, not ads. Ads are separate videos. The "bumper" is a SBS montage with music and the age advisory.
    Last edited by blimey; 27th Nov 2014 at 04:15.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search PM
    Aegisub doesn't like the whitespace in the style section e.g. Default, Arial, 24, which is what causes the malformed ass file.
    You need to replace the part where it says ", " to "," in the style part of the crunchyDec.py script.

Otherwise use the modified crunchyDec.py attached.
    Image Attached Files
    Quote Quote  
  3. well that's interesting. Very Much appreciated Huyie I will give it a shot. When I get the Subs from Crunchy, they are perfectly timed without a bumper, Kob gets Soompi Subs that say Subs by Soompi and are perfectly timed. Maybe the Subbers are handing off the Subs to them (which I Doubt) but it does peek my curiosity. There are 2 or 3 Historical Korean Dramas with eps from 20 to 36 and 1 thats 50 eps. ( Ouch) dating back to 2009. re timing the subs would really be a pain. But getting the subs to begin with, is such a releif, to add to my Historical Collection, I am grateful to Blimey and your input huyie.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search PM
    KDramas have an intro, then sometimes followed by an ad break, before continue with the age warning and then the rest of the video uninterrupted (cables dramas have ads in between). Most encodes you see will start from the age warning onwards, hence the discrepancy in the so called 'bumper' you're describing. JDramas don't have them, hence why there is usually no need to sync the crunchyroll based subs.

KoB does indeed use Aegisub, as the '; Script generated by Aegisub 3.0.4' line in the ass script is the dead giveaway, and he just adds the Subtitles by SoompiTV manually.

For the older KDramas that SoompiTV has (2013 and earlier), chances are the subs are just translations provided by the broadcasted network such as KBS America/World or MBC America, rather than those translated in-house, which are the case for the newer series.

I sometimes sync the SoompiTV subs which you can find located here: https://twitter.com/TrulyAzn
    Quote Quote  
  5. I appreciate the feed back, You may find KOB's Subs a little more updated as he tries to get them out same day as aired and I have upgraded Aegisub to 3.2.1 But as I mentioned, I prefer the older Historical's and not the ongoing romantic series now on the air

The bumpers are not really an issue as I can sync the subs quite proficiently. It was just a matter of being able to get the subs i wanted.

What would be amazing is to be able to down load the Video as you can with the Tool kit for Crunchy, only with Soompi. But their encryption is to complex for me.
    Last edited by Toxamation; 5th Mar 2015 at 15:35.
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member Emeritus
    Search PM
    I've only seen the new shows that are carried on hulu. Are the subtitles worse quality on hulu than these other providers?
    Last edited by ponens; 6th Dec 2014 at 02:40.
    Quote Quote  
  7. Member
    Search PM
    The Hulu subtitles that you're referring to are probably the ones coming from Dramafever as part of their partnership.
    The only other ones on Hulu would be from CJ Entertainment or MBC America, which hasn't seen an update for the last 7 months.

Those Dramafever based subtitles tend to be oversimplified, especially for idioms, or anything with a historical reference.
    If you go find the earlier MBC historical dramas on SoompiTV, you may notice that look similar to some Dramafever/Hulu ones as well, as those were taken by MBC America.
    Quote Quote  
  8. Member Emeritus
    Search PM
    Now I've compared them. The hulu subtitles are substantially different than the Schmoopi subs. Each one is in some way better than the other. Very confusing.

The hulu video (720p - 1.16GB) is much better than the Schmoopi video (576p - 494MB). It is even quite noticeable on a smallish 46" screen.
    Last edited by ponens; 6th Dec 2014 at 02:41.
    Quote Quote  
  9. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Can someone teach me how to use the crunchyroll decoder step by step?
    Quote Quote  
  10. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Did the crunchy decoder still work?
    I keep getting this:
    [Attachment 31993 - Click to enlarge]

instead of the usual successful response
    Click image for larger version

Name:	fine.jpg
Views:	208
Size:	33.6 KB
ID:	31994
    Quote Quote  
Visit our sponsor! Try DVDFab and backup Blu-rays!