VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. I usually always use LimitedSharpenFaster(ss_x=2.0, ss_y=2.0, strength=???, overshoot=0, undershoot=0, soft=0, edgemode=0) and it works great. Sometimes I have to turn the strength down or ringing/halos become visible or more visible but its always done a great job for me.

Well I came across a movie that no matter what strength I used, it still introduced slight ringing/halo's to the video.

I went looking through the forum for an answer and they said turn off supersampling. I did that and it aliased horribly.

so then I found and tried this and its god awful slow.

original = last
    denoised = maa2(ss=3.00)
    denoised.LSFmod(source=original, ss_x=1.0, ss_y=1.0, strength=???, overshoot=0, undershoot=0, soft=0, edgemode=0)

When I took a screenshot of my method Ive always used and then this method that I found and flipped back and forth through them, they look pretty much exactly the same, the only difference is, the second one didn't introduce ringin/halos and it ended up amazing. This one didnt alias badly.

unfortunately, the second method lowered my speed down to 1.20fps average and it took about 1-2 days per pass to finish it. When normally I could have it done in 24 hours or less with my first method.

I love the results of the second method, it looks the same as the first one but theres no ringing/halo's making it look even better. I usually don't mind slow filters as long as the results are great but this is pretty slow in comparison. 3 to 3 1/2 days is almost 4x-5x as long to finish.

Is there a better way to use this or anything that can be suggested to speed it up a bit without much of a sacrifice?
    Last edited by killerteengohan; 15th Nov 2014 at 01:29.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Can anyone fill me in on why is it when I put anything before the original = last line in the script, it doesnt seem to use any of the filters listed before that in the output?
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    This works:

Code:
    MPEG2SOURCE("Video 1.d2v", cpu=4)

GreyScale()

original = last
    denoised = maa2(ss=3.00)
    denoised.LSFmod(source=original, ss_x=1.0, ss_y=1.0, strength=100, overshoot=0, undershoot=0, soft=0, edgemode=0)
    I get pure black and white output.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    And this plays in close to real time on my computer:

Code:
    MPEG2SOURCE("Video 1.d2v", cpu=4)

NNEDI3_Resize16(1024, 576, 3, 2, -2, -2)

original = last
    denoised = maa2(ss=3.00)
    denoised.LSFmod(source=original, ss_x=1.0, ss_y=1.0, strength=100, overshoot=0, undershoot=0, soft=0, edgemode=0)
    Quote Quote  
  5. I guess its just the maa2 antialiaser that wasn't working before it and or a select few other filters.

Because it wasn't working, I put it in the denoised area instead of a denoiser which was originally there in the script I found, then it worked.

For some reason if the antialiaser is before that line, its effect isn't there anymore but when put in the denoiser section, it works fine again.
    Quote Quote  
  6. Im having a recent issue with this that I would like to ask about.

I have been trying to use this and for some reason, no matter what I set the strength to, I don't notice it making it sharper or blurrier. I took a screenshot at strength=35 and a screenshot at strength=200 and they look the same. Does the strength setting not work when used like this?

original = last
    denoised = maa2(ss=3.00)
    denoised.LSFmod(source=original, ss_x=1.0, ss_y=1.0, strength=200, overshoot=0, undershoot=0, soft=0, edgemode=0)
    Quote Quote  
Visit our sponsor! Try DVDFab and backup Blu-rays!