VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hello VideoHelp users

I am having a problem with converting video format SCLRS (MSU screen recorder codec) to a different format e.g: M-PEG4. I was informed that it should be able to convert in VirtualDub, but it says the SCLRS vfw is not available, or something to that effect.

I searched around the internet for conversion programs and tried every single one. I found one called SUPER, it was able to convert it, but it only converted into to a 8bit depth. Also the frame rate was terrible.

What is the best solution for my current problem?

I am uploading videos to youtube.

If this codec will not work for me, what is another codec that I can try?

Please Help

Thanks

Jesse
    Quote Quote  
  2. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Have you tried any ffmpeg based encoder? Like handbrake, vidcoder, xmedia recode, avanti, etc ?

But is not http://www.compression.ru/video/ls-codec/screen_capture_codec_en.html a vfw codec? That should work in virtualdub? Have you installed it?
    Quote Quote  
  3. It might also help if you post a sample.
    users currently on my ignore list: deadrats, Stears555
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hi

Thanks for the suggestions. I fixed the problem. Apparently VirtualDub x64 does not support the vfw sclrs codec. I downloaded the x86 version at it worked. The only problem I face now is that when I capture footage with this codec it lags, I am using Dxtory to record my game footage. I have a hunch that it may be something to do with my cpu and gpu not being powerful enough. I am planning to make upgrades, but currently cannot afford the parts. Is there anything I can do to fix this problem? Is there a better codec for recording game footage? Is there a better way to compress game footage?

I want the best quality I can get that is watchable on YouTube (buffering is not terrible). I am not too concerned about file size. As long as its not something like fraps's codec which decompresses all the footage and is like 1gb p/s.

Thanks for your help

Jesse
    Quote Quote  
Visit our sponsor! Try DVDFab and backup Blu-rays!