VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hi,

Every software I use to try to create backup copy/rip blu-ray discs, results to creating a temp file over 40GB, which my blu-ray discs only are compatible to a little less then 25 GB. How and what software do I use to backup copy/rip a 25 GB blu-ray disc to my blank 25 GB blu-ray disc using my blu-ray burner to where the blu-ray copy is a 1:1 ratio of the original?

Any help is greatly appreciated! Thank you!

Ghtpua
    Quote Quote  
  2. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    What are you ripping with? Try anydvdhd and rip to an iso and burn it.

But most blu-rays are over 25gb so you must shrink it then with for example bd rebuilder.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search PM
    Using MakeMKV in Backup mode is another way to get the entire Blu-ray disc onto your hard drive. Once decrypted, you can burn straight to a disc if it is small enough to fit onto a single layer Blu-ray, or use a double layer Blu-ray instead if the movie is too large.

As Baldrick already pointed out, you'll need to compress most Blu-ray to fit onto a 25gb disc (they actually hold something closer to 23gb of data). And BD Rebuilder is easily the best program for this task. It can do a full backup, with all menus and extras included.

Use ImgBurn to do the burn to the disc.
    Quote Quote  
Visit our sponsor! Try DVDFab and backup Blu-rays!