VideoHelp Forum

Try StreamFab Downloader and download from Netflix, Amazon, Youtube! Or Try DVDFab and copy Blu-rays! or rip iTunes movies!

Try StreamFab Downloader and download streaming video from Youtube, Netflix, Amazon! Download free trial.

+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Though Chrome only, YouTube announced that it's adding two new features that will especially benefit people who enjoy watching gameplays and those who stream games live. Most excitingly, the site is rolling out 60 frames per second video playback. You need Google Chrome to watch YouTube videos at 60FPS, and you need to watch them in HD.

As the another new feature, YouTube is also offering direct funding support for content creators — name-checking sites like Kickstarter and Patreon — and is allowing fans to 'contribute money to support your channel at any time, for any reason.' Adding the icing on the cake, the website has also a number of other random little features planned, including viewer-contributed subtitles, a library of sound effects and new interactive info cards.

Click image for larger version

Name:	YT60p.png
Views:	888
Size:	93.6 KB
ID:	28240

Mario Circuit - 1:44.414 - Kαzυσ (Mario Kart 8 World Record) 60FPS WITH CHROME

Source: http://www.guru3d.com/news-story/youtube-supporting-60fps-uploads-starting-today.html
    Last edited by roma_turok; 31st Oct 2014 at 00:58.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Banned
    Search PM
    Cool!
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    They didn't announce it, but I wonder if there's any support for 50fps? Anyone tried it?

More than half the world's population live in "50Hz" countries, yet they only announced support for 48fps. It would be annoying to have to slow 50fps down to 48fps.

Cheers,
    David.
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    If I used Chrome, I'd try it immediately and upload a 50 fps video.

I really hope 50 fps will be supported. In the past YouTube already managed to ignore the implementation of a 576p resolution for 50 Hz originated SD (for such videos the 480p option could be omitted but they didn't care).

Other than that it's good news.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Banned
    Search PM
    Originally Posted by 2Bdecided View Post
    They didn't announce it, but I wonder if there's any support for 50fps? Anyone tried it?

More than half the world's population live in "50Hz" countries, yet they only announced support for 48fps. It would be annoying to have to slow 50fps down to 48fps.

Cheers,
    David.
    Yes, 50p works fine:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PNLGzYArgmc
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    Excellent news!
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Fantastic. YouTube just became a lot more useful! It's 2014 and we can finally upload SD "PAL" video (deinterlaced and upscaled to 720p50) without losing spatial or temporal resolution.

From a fairly average 1080p50@28Mbps upload, Youtube delivered 720p25@2.4Mbps, 720p50@3.4Mbps, 1080p50@5.5Mbps.

It's nice that the video playback in Chrome seems to work so well. VLC can't quite cope with 1080p50 on this machine (WMP can), and the old flash players always seemed inefficient, but 1080p50 playback in Chrome is fine.

Cheers,
    David.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    For videogames channels its perfect.

Finnaly I will upload my 60fps records into my channel.
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    I wonder if 50/60 fps videos uploaded in the past will be upgraded now.
    Quote Quote  
  10. Originally Posted by Skiller View Post
    I wonder if 50/60 fps videos uploaded in the past will be upgraded now.
    No they not:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=grYU5YDK1sA
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cdyf5DIE34Y
    probably because Youtube don't have space to keep original file
    Quote Quote  
  11. I thought they archive the original files starting about 2 years ago. About that time they recommended always uploading the highest quality, highest resolution, highest framerate format, anticipating upgrades. You can certainly download your own original version now (not other people's uploads) . I don't know exactly when the cutoff was for retaining original files
    Quote Quote  
  12. Originally Posted by poisondeathray View Post
    I thought they archive the original files starting about 2 years ago. About that time they recommended always uploading the highest quality, highest resolution, highest framerate format, anticipating upgrades. You can certainly download your own original version now (not other people's uploads) . I don't know exactly when the cutoff was for retaining original files
    You have option to download reencoded to MP4 file, not the original file
    even if you uploaded MP4 file, download option not be original file
    Quote Quote  
  13. Originally Posted by roma_turok View Post
    allowing fans to 'contribute money to support your channel at any time, for any reason.'
    This is a form of begging - "I'm uploading videos, please give me money so I can continue to do so".
    If you (i.e. any YouTube user) cant afford to, then sod off. YouTube isn't compulsory.

I will never contribute money to anyone uploading videos to YouTube.

I upload videos to YouTube because I want to - not because someone might pay me for doing so.

I wonder how long it will be before these sad people who have contributed money to a complete strangers channel visit that user one day and find the account has been closed? That'll be hilarious for sure. Suckers.
    Last edited by mike20021969; 5th Nov 2014 at 10:27.
    Quote Quote  
  14. Originally Posted by roma_turok View Post
    Originally Posted by poisondeathray View Post
    I thought they archive the original files starting about 2 years ago. About that time they recommended always uploading the highest quality, highest resolution, highest framerate format, anticipating upgrades. You can certainly download your own original version now (not other people's uploads) . I don't know exactly when the cutoff was for retaining original files
    http://dataliberation.blogspot.ca/2012/09/your-youtube-original-videos-now.html

https://www.google.com/settings/takeout
    Quote Quote  
  15. Originally Posted by poisondeathray View Post
    Originally Posted by roma_turok View Post

Too bad it's not direct way on Youtube
    Quote Quote  
  16. Originally Posted by roma_turok View Post

Yes, but I wonder if this current method is temporary. And I wonder if you have to update it manually, or if the change and option of 50p/60p will occur automatically on the YT page once the 50p/60p transition is fully enabled (because that will be a lot of work for some accounts if user has to do it manually) . They did make these proclamations and recommendations way back... I'm not imagining these things .
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM

Isn't this "just" Google's answer to facebook's "Download a copy of your Facebook data"? It's hardly a convenient way of getting one video back if you have hundreds. (unless I'm missing some way to select a video).

Interesting that it exists though.

It makes sense for YouTube to keep the originals. They never know what format they'll need to serve in the future. It's sad that lots of older videos will always look so crappy because that's how they were uploaded and/or re-encoded before YouTube kept the originals.

Cheers,
    David.
    Quote Quote  
  18. Yes, it's current form it's not very user friendly to use. Hardly anyone even knows about it because they don't advertise it. I suspect part of the reason is bandwidth. It doesn't count against your Google Drive limit. So you could be using it as a crappy but free form of storage; the "unfriendliness" to use deters usage. I think there was a cutoff date where they don't have the originals either, but I don't know when that date was
    Quote Quote  
  19. If old original video have 60fps
    so probably need only trigger encoding again by editing/trimming 1 sec video with YouTube enhancements tools
    Quote Quote  
  20. Originally Posted by roma_turok View Post
    If old original video have 60fps
    so probably need only trigger encoding again by editing/trimming 1 sec video with YouTube enhancements tools
    I haven't used those tools before - does this trigger a "new" version , separate URL (so 2 versions) ? or is current version replaced ?
    Quote Quote  
  21. Originally Posted by poisondeathray View Post
    If old original video have 60fps
    I haven't used those tools before - does this trigger a "new" version , separate URL (so 2 versions) ? or is current version replaced
    ?
    You can save on current video, save as New video or Revert to original if editing or enhancements going wrong
    don't know if URL changed if you choice save on current video, probably not
    make tests on 5 sec video
    Quote Quote  
Visit our sponsor! Try DVDFab and backup Blu-rays!