VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Does anyone know of a TV media box/palyer (HW) that can play AVI (DV) files from Pinnacle Studio?
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search PM
    Not anything I've seen mentioned. Maybe, somewhere. DV wasn't designed as a streaming or distribution format.

People have been asking the same question for a long time: https://forum.videohelp.com/threads/323971-How-Do-I-Play-Raw-DV-Stream-Files-on-a-TV
    - My sister Ann's brother
    Quote Quote  
  3. there was player that could do it once upon a time, Ellion HMR 700A, it was mentioned in its specs, and some people mentioned that
    Code:
    Decoding playback, video:
    MPEG2 HD (ts,tp), DivX HD(avi), Xvid HD (avi)
    MPEG1/2 (dat.mpg.vob.ifo) , DivX (avi), Xvid (avi), DV25 (Digital Camcorder)
    but that player might not be on par with nowadays formats with older, perhaps slow chip in it (to nowadays standard), does not mentions even H.264/avc I would not get it even used, that was just an example that it was possible, but chips that got all through to nowadays would not decode DV codec. I will never understand this. There is billions of hours of DV footage out there and those chips were designed to not decode it. DVavi was the most common camcorder format for many years. Perhaps licence issues etc.

so some HTPC or even cheap Rapsberry Pi with XBMC might be usefull here
    Last edited by _Al_; 27th Oct 2014 at 20:08.
    Quote Quote  
Visit our sponsor! Try DVDFab and backup Blu-rays!